Pfaff ???

Old 07-19-2015, 06:47 AM

Found a couple links with info:

http://plaiderpillar.com/2011/08/vin...f-gritzner-16/
Fellow owner discussing the bobbins it takes, etc. Lots of pics.

http://mysewingmachinemanual.com/Vie...Pfaff&m=16.pdf
Buy the manual.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:11 AM

Thank you Freaky Quilts Dragon for the links. The 1st one you posted by plaidepillar is "exactly" how mine looks right down to the same case it is housed in. The 1st page of the manual directed to Housewives is quite funny.

Jan
Old 07-20-2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Thank you Freaky Quilts Dragon for the links. The 1st one you posted by plaidepillar is "exactly" how mine looks right down to the same case it is housed in. The 1st page of the manual directed to Housewives is quite funny.

Jan
Yeah, that manual - the first page of it at least - is a hoot. 'Congratulations on your incredible machine and while we did have a sales man tell you all about it very thoroughly in the name of more thorough thoroughness we made this manual for you because this sewing machine is so much sewing machine and long winded intro to what is probably a long winded manual and of course we can't just get to the point we're German engineers it's our job to be exactingly precise and use lots and lots of precisely exacting words and on and on and on...'

It's endearing that just the intro seems to take up more than one page to just let you know that it's the manual. I bet the actual instructions are very, very accurate!
Old 10-31-2015, 09:28 PM

I am trying to find some info for my 84 year old friend, who just got a Pfaff 1212 given to her........she is afraid to even try to thread it without somekind of manual or directions or whatever....so far, I have not had any luck finding anything for her, except a web site that said they had one for $22.00 and I am not even sure that would be the correct one..........anyone can help me out there?????? I hope so, so I can help her..................
Old 11-01-2015, 06:02 PM

As everyone said, that is a great looking machine, what a nice find for you. Have fun with it.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
I am trying to find some info for my 84 year old friend, who just got a Pfaff 1212 given to her........she is afraid to even try to thread it without somekind of manual or directions or whatever....so far, I have not had any luck finding anything for her, except a web site that said they had one for $22.00 and I am not even sure that would be the correct one..........anyone can help me out there?????? I hope so, so I can help her..................
When I googled "Pfaff 1212 manual" The third link I got was to a pdf of the manual for free at Pfaff.com. Here you go. Like Singer, it seems that Pfaff has made a lot of their manuals available on their website for free.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by monopas View Post
When I googled "Pfaff 1212 manual" The third link I got was to a pdf of the manual for free at Pfaff.com. Here you go. Like Singer, it seems that Pfaff has made a lot of their manuals available on their website for free.
THANK YOU so much for sending this to me..i went to the web site and I printed it out for her (About a zillion pages...there goes my ink and paper) but I now have it and will take it to her, thank you SO much for finding it for me.................
Old 11-09-2015, 11:31 PM

You are very welcome! Just glad I could help. Manual hunting can be tricky. I have one of the few Kenmore machines that Sears doesn't have the manual for on their website, but luckily one of the digital manual sellers had it for sale. After my last home manual printing fiasco, I took it to an office center and had them print and bind it. It was still cheaper than a new set of printer cartridges!

I hope your friend likes her machine, now that she will have the instructions.