Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
New Years Resolutions .... does anyone really keep them? >

New Years Resolutions .... does anyone really keep them?

New Years Resolutions .... does anyone really keep them?

Old 01-02-2016, 07:34 AM

Our priest usually starts the sermon with a joke of some sort. Yesterday, he told of a man who said his resolution was to make sure his wife is happy all year. So they asked the wife what her New Years resolution was. She said, "I will make sure my husband keeps his New Year's resolution."
Old 01-02-2016, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
There is a Marine I know from another forum who built a sail boat. When the discussion of sail material came up he said he was not using canvas, but was using some kind of synthetic or plastic material, I forget exactly what. No idea what or how he sewed them with.

What kind of sail boat are you considering? And how many sails will it have?

Joe
it is an open 20" boat based one a "Whitehall" two sails that double as a boom tent for camping... I have purchased the Alaska design from this link http://www.dhkurylko-yachtdesign.com/designs.htm
Old 01-02-2016, 01:59 PM

Double ditto to what Blackberry said especially on the rehoming part and not adopting/accepting anymore. Right now, I'm just trying to give them away so they leave my home for someone else's although it's to people I know so they aren't made into tractors or lamps.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:35 AM

I quit makin resolutions years ago, I don't achieve them , so why try.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:58 AM

I think I've kept two.
The first one was I gave up buying light beer. It was giving me heart burn. No regrets on that one and it's been easy to keep.
My other one was to not make any more New Years Resolutions. It's been working.

My goals for my machines are the same as last year. Clear some space so I can organize my machines and display them properly. I've slowed way down on purchases. No room and the finances are tight and likely to remain that way. The good thing is it forces me to be more selective. The machine has to have a purpose like to give to a 4 H kid or fill some sort of serious want in my collection. I no longer try to get every cheap machine I see just because it's cheap.
Rodney
Old 01-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

Call it whatever you want, I just want to finish what I didn't get done in the past, at least most of it. I have allowed too many things to go awry and need to straighten them out. Get life back into perspective.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
My other one was to not make any more New Years Resolutions. It's been working.
I made that resolution a few years ago too, so far I'm holding steady!

I actually tend to make "new year" resolutions on my birthday. That's when MY new year starts!

I do need to drop some weight, though. I have a trip to Hawaii coming up in April and I don't want people mistaking me for a stranded sea animal when I'm on the beach and dragging me back out to sea! That would be awkward for everyone.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:06 PM

I don't do New Years Res. either gave up years ago. I have never found a machine sitting out anywhere for free or in the dump. I will be happy to help anyone keep up their New Years resolutions though. When you get the urge to buy or get another machine just post a note and we will talk you out of it, how is that for being helpful?
Old 01-04-2016, 04:46 PM

I made a resolution many years ago to not make any more resolutions. It's the only one I ever kept.