Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shopping on-line... >

Shopping on-line...

Shopping on-line...

Old 01-19-2016, 10:41 AM

I've order LOT of fabric,minky & upholstery , NEVER been disappointed
Old 01-20-2016, 03:29 AM

I have ordered from them and been very pleased. My daughter ordered drapery fabric from them and while the color they sent was the right color it was enough different from what she saw on the monitor she didn't want it. There was no problem returning the fabric. She had nicest person in customer service walk her through the process.

I like their $35 free shipping and they have a good price on Aurifil thread which I usually add on to my order. I would definitely use them again.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:56 AM

it sounds like most have had good experiences with fabric.com... I have only recently tried them (for BH's mystery quilt) but will not order again. Two of the fabrics I received were very stiff and I don't like the "hand" of them.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:55 AM

I've ordered. No complaints.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:58 AM

I do like Fabric.com. I have purchased a lot from them. Their fabric is good and I am happy with their customer service. One time they shipped me the wrong fabric (several yards of it) and they told me to keep it and they shipped replacement out free overnight

Their shipping is slow at times. But this last order I placed (direct from them) they shipped super quick.. that tickled me

One thing I have noticed... if I go to Amazon and purchase (from them as the seller) the shipment is made quicker.

Thanks everyone for the new sites to shop at
Old 01-20-2016, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
it sounds like most have had good experiences with fabric.com... I have only recently tried them (for BH's mystery quilt) but will not order again. Two of the fabrics I received were very stiff and I don't like the "hand" of them.
Try contacting them - I am willing to bet they will take the fabrics you don't like back! Might even just send you a refund without making you return the fabric - they are usually really good about that sort of thing.

I've used them for years and years, and have had very few problems. Problems I have had have been resolved quickly. They cut an extra inch for each yard, which is nice. Sometimes I'll get the last bit of a bolt and they stick a "jackpot!" sticker on it and just give you the extra fabric for free - I've ordered a half-yard and received over a yard with the jackpot sticker - more than double the amount of fabric I paid for!

Their prices have gone up in the last 2-3 years, so I don't buy quite as much as I used to. That's probably a good thing in some ways but I miss the bargains. On the other hand, it's still hard to beat their prices.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:12 AM

And they have great selection too, as well as good service.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:56 PM

As others have said, if they send the wrong thing, they'll tell you to keep it and send the right fabric as well. One time I ordered a 5-yard piece and was told that they didn't have a continuous 5 yards. They said they had two 3-yard pieces and asked if that would work. Even though I said a 3 and a 2 would work for me, they sent the extra yard at no charge. The only complaint I have is that shipping takes longer than I like sometimes. Shops that use USPS can get it to me in two or three days. Fabric.com uses UPS, which can take a week or more. I asked Customer Service about an option to use the post office and was told they "didn't have a choice." If you're not in a hurry, it's probably fine, but sometimes I need it rather quickly.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:19 AM

I have ordered from them only once when I had just been online few years. One of the items was measured wrong but I am too far away to do any mail returns so just left it. I bought some rough silks to handsew some scarfs and to line some evening bags I hand sew those also. The rough silks where very nice fabrics and a good price. International shipping cost is high so I shop very little for fabric these days. Just using up my mini stash.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:37 AM

I have ordered from them TONS of times and they are great. Just ordered some wide backing fabric yesterday!