Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Someone mention vintage attachments? >

Someone mention vintage attachments?

Someone mention vintage attachments?

Old 01-31-2016, 07:10 AM

Default Someone mention vintage attachments?

I'm finally going through mine to make sure I have a set for each machine. I really don't need to be saving everything. These are top clamp and direct clamp feet.

Most of these I know what they fit - Free, New Home, National, White, Standard and the the older oddball sets, Davis, Eldredge (pre National), Household, Demorest, Domestic (pre white), Foley & Williams, Wheeler Wilson, Wilcox & Gibbs, Florence and Howe High Arm, Royal, New Royal (quite different). And probably a few I've missed.

This is what I have to sort through - I'll be fitting them to machines to get them all sorted.

After I get through this mess I'll get after the side clamp ones.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:33 AM

Keep posting this stuff, folks - every time DW worries about me, I show her the hardcore pictures and tell her I will never. ever. get. there. She believes it just about as much as I do.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:45 PM

WOW!!! That is some collection. It would be fun just to be able to look through. I will look through attachment boxes, just to be looking at them. It is so neat that you have machines that they go with and know so much about them. I know you have told us about the top clamp ones have different dimensions. I noticed you didn't mention Weed, though. I don't know what type they are called.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:34 PM

I do have a Weed "Hartford" it also is a High Arm. I'm down to the "oddball" stuff, which is anything that isn't White, Standard, New Home, National or Free and New Royal. BTW - New Royal was made by Free, and is the only other machine that takes the 1/4" gap top clamp attachments.

I've got a bunch of Domestic attachments (pre White) and then I think I'll do the WW because they are easy to identify. Then on to the harder ones, but luckily many of the older sets have names on them.

I think I'm keeping about 2/3 of what I had - at least I'm going to have some room on the shelves in the workroom after this.

Last edited by Macybaby; 01-31-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:05 PM

I've found this chart helpful for sorting through the top clamping feet when the boxes are only marked "Attachments" with no other clues. Not an easy task.

http://www.treadleon.net/library/topclampingfeet.pdf

Jon
Old 01-31-2016, 06:48 PM

Oh my! I am at a loss for words! It looks like there is one of every type in there, sew much fun!

Suzanne
Old 02-01-2016, 04:01 AM

Jon, I have something like that I've put together from my machines. However I find it easier to take the feet and try them on instead of using the calipers.

Yesterday I went through Free and New Royal, then National, New Home, Standard and White. So I got through the bulk of that. Then on to the "oddballs" and I've got Florence, American #7, New Williams, Household, Demorest, Wilcox & Gibbs.

Most of what I have left is Davis, Wheeler Wilson and then some I'm not sure about. I had gone through the Davis before and I think I already have sets for them, so all on the table may be extras.

After I get through the bobbins (round and long) and shuttles, then I'll start working on putting together a chart using all the top clamp machines I have.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:26 AM

Well, at least you have a large selection of machines to try all those attachments out on!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:01 AM

Nice to see you back, Cathy!
Old 02-01-2016, 03:12 PM

You are amazing. You probably sort and organize in your dreams!