Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fabric warehouses >

fabric warehouses

fabric warehouses

Old 02-29-2016, 05:45 PM

Thank you for all the information.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:44 PM

not warehouse prices certainly--but if you are traveling anywhere near Hamilton MO (north of Kansas City about an hour)you have to take the time to stop at Missouri Star Quilt shops--I saw quilt shops cause there are 7??? Seems every time I go they've added another shop. Hamilton is a very small town that was dying until Missouri Star set up shop---they have bought more and more of the stores, have brought in families to the community with job opportunities, and just really worth the trip. Two cautions--make a list of what you are looking for cause there is so much it's easy to get overwhelmed, and two--wear your walking shoes! And if your partner is not a quilter, there's a new "man cave" with easy chairs, big screen tv's, concessions!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
HR Harris in MN......plan on spending a day. I have never seen so many bolts of material in one place in my LIFE.
Actually there are two HR Harris One north of the cities one south. The one down in Burnsville looks like a regular quilt shop in one half of the store, the other half is warehouse. This one only takes half a day.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:57 AM

Mardens in Maine is not a fabric warehouse but a general clearance center and the fabric varies from location to location. Still - a great place to shop for fabric in New England. Ryco Trim in RI is a warehouse of fabric but they do not sell online.

http://www.rycotrim.com/

My go to place for notions is J Hittle in KY. They have fantastic prices and are wonderful to deal with.

http://jhittlesewing.com/
Old 03-01-2016, 04:49 AM

Yes, SR HARRIS in Minnesota has two locations. They both sell fabric for 50% off. So quilting cottons around $6 per yard. They have quite the mix. Some is designer quilt shop quality, others is what you would find at JAF. You just need to know what you want. The Brooklyn Park location is very large is indeed a warehouse. The bolts are stacked on top of each other on warehouse racking and it's quite a workout. Fabric is sorted by type. All quilting cottons together, all minky together. It's quite a workout pulling out bolts from the middle of a stack 20 high. Bring a friend to help hold up the top layers while you pull. At this location, you cut your own fabric (up to 4 yards, I think) You need to return the bolts to the racks when you're done. You'll usually find Sid, the owner hanging around conversing with the customers. He's kind of a hoot!
The newer Burnsville location is much smaller and the quilting section is set up more like a quilt shop with newer arrivals grouped by line, and older bolts and blenders arranged by color or section. (like novelty,polka dots, shimmery) At the Burnsville location, they cut your fabric, and return bolts to the shelves.
I can get myself in trouble at either store... quite quickly, even though I usually only buy 1/2 yard cuts... a pile a foot high still adds up.
http://srharrisfabric.com The home page of the website shows pictures of both locations.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs View Post
My bestie goes to Marden in Maine sends me cute fabrics dirt cheap she says
I totally agree with this, love mardens
Old 03-01-2016, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by nvb50 View Post
Are there any other fabric warehouses like Marshalls dry goods in the USA?
There is a Fabric Warehouse in auburn Maine. And yes we have Mardens. Super place for fabric deals.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:00 AM

I think it. Is. SR Harris. They have 2 stores in the Minneapolis, MN area. Wonderful adventure....a day is advised as they have quilting, garment, home dec and notions.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:36 AM

Oh my, I am on my way to Minneapolis this summer.....I better keep the back seat available for stash on the way back !!! Yahoo.... here I come !!
Old 03-01-2016, 01:22 PM

How about some that do good clearance sales? Not just overbought bolts of pink dinosaurs.

I'm sorta thinking about a kingsize raggy type bedspread to replace an old "quilted" one that is falling apart. It would have to be earth toned. The flannel and backing could be any color. He'd never see it.