Banned

I fell off the wagon so hard this past weekend that my bruises
have bruises and so on.

In my defense though looking for fabrics that I need for 2 quilts
that I want to make. Both are Cheryl Phillips patterns Phoenix &
Eagle patterns.

Plus with Hancock Fabrics closing all their stores I went to see
if they had anything that I truly couldn't live without. Found 6
that I bought just got small amounts of (1/2 to 2 yards).
Old 04-04-2016, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

Louise, I think you showed great restraint at Hancocks.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
um...although one fabric may go out of print there are lots of others coming out that may be perfect for the next quilt when it's actually being designed, don't you think?
I don't buy fabric for a specific quilt. I like to keep a variety of fabrics that read as lights, mediums darks and dark darks (solids, prints and batiks) that way when I'm working on a quilt design I can just pull from what I've got without having to run out to a fabric store. Plus, I really, really love the Paula Nadelstern Scribbles fabric LOL.

Rob
Old 04-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

Sorry Quilty-Louise, but any statement that starts with "I need....." for a project simply doesn't count. Your bruises just scaled back a notch.

I will have to buy some non-sewing things this week. Signed up for an art class (Drawing on the right side of the brain) and apparently need a bunch of supplies. Some I have (but where and are they still good)? Others I don't have so a trip to Michael's is in order. BUT - HAHA, it's not fabric.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:35 PM

MadQulter
Good luck on your art class. I could oil and acrylic but no water color, I signed for a week class. Full and I was on stand by.. I got in and would need supplies. I happened to go to Goodwill and found paper and brushes and stuff I thought I would need. Waiting on list to buy rest and the campus burnt down. So class was canceled. Never did get a class. I still do not know how. I do need to toss out the rest of it . I have want try painting on fabric.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

I have taken art classes before but long enough ago where much of my supply list must have dried up by now. I need to kick my creativity into gear - even my quilty stuff is getting boring.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

I haven't commented cuz I haven't bought fabric for a while..Hope I can get in the completion mode in a few weeks...

Art classes? I'm a frustrated artist on the inside...I see what I want to draw, but have problems getting it to paper.good luck to you who can...
Old 04-05-2016, 04:12 AM

I want to make a grandma's flower garden approximately 34x64. I wanted bright colors and had only 1 piece of fabric in my scraps that I wanted. Then I found about 3 colors that would work in my stash so it was off to the fabric store. i had to buy the background fabric and then another 9 fat quarters for the flowers. I think I have enough but I'm not necessarily sure. I was trying to do the math and came out needing twice the material than the size of the quilt in just the background fabric. And that just doesn't sound right.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:17 AM

That sounds like the fabric demon that got in my head when I went to buy binding fabric last fall. I needed a total of a half yard and couldn't decide between two different fabrics so I decided to get enough of each to make a scrappy binding. But somehow when I told the lady with the scissors how much of each I wanted the words that came out of my mouth were "2 and a half yards of each". I didn't even realize until I got home and took it out.......

Rob
Old 04-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Art classes? I'm a frustrated artist on the inside...I see what I want to draw, but have problems getting it to paper.good luck to you who can...
I have done the best drawings when I was in that mood. It is MY interpretation of the world. So what if someone mistakes my tortoise for a salad bowl. lol As long as I have fun with it......