Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New here, looking for some good quilting blogs to follow with BOM included >

New here, looking for some good quilting blogs to follow with BOM included

New here, looking for some good quilting blogs to follow with BOM included

Old 05-19-2016, 07:07 AM

First of all welcome to the board & to quilting. You will find this is the best board to belong to. If you have any questions, someone on here will know the answer & they are all happy to help you. Two of my all time favorites were already mentioned. Eleanor Burns, Quilt in a Day & Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilt. Both are great for beginners especially but for all experience levels too. They both break things down & make the learning process easy to understand. Jenny has weekly videos also on Friday & all of the supplies can be bought right at her store. Have fun!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:27 AM

*** Hi! Y'all from the upstate of South Carolina.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:29 AM

You can also try the Splendid Sampler quilt along that's going on now. It is a year long project of 6 inch blocks headed up by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. Lots of newbies are involved and it's international. You can check out their Facebook page for encouragement and to see lots of blocks the participants made.

Blossom Heart Quilts is doing a Modern HST Sampler QAL. I believe they are making 24 blocks in total. I am participating is this one as well as Splendid Sampler.

There are so many options available for you to find free BOM. Hopefully you can find one that will fit your needs.