Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
This is my table runner.  What's it need? >

This is my table runner. What's it need?

This is my table runner. What's it need?

Old 07-30-2016, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by jackiequilts4fun View Post
I love to sew little projects.

Our daughter asked if dad would paint her kitchen (she's getting married this fall) & she's going with a light aqua color. Very popular right now among the young people.

I've never done the pineapple paper piecing 'til now ... have enjoyed doing this a lot.
I think it would look better if I had a 2nd row of these blocks, but I also think that it would make the runner "more busy" so I want to stick with just the one row.

I think I should put white around it, as shown.
But I also think that it "needs" a little border between the blocks & the white. Maybe 1/4" ?
I'm just not sure which color.

Thought I would bind it using the dark blue/light blue fabric that you see in the block,
but maybe I should use that as the border between the blocks & the white?
Would I then use it again for the binding, or maybe choose another color ... something lighter, maybe?

Regardless, I think that this needs something between the blocks & the white, but I'm not sure what.
Can you help me figure this out?

Please remember, I'm kinda new @ this & since it's a shower gift, I would like it to be nice.
Thanks!
To match my kitchen I would use a white inner border and then a dark blue outer border but I think that would be too much dark blue for her kitchen so I would use a narrow dark blue inner border and then an aqua outer border to match her kitchen and bind it with the same aqua fabric as the outer border. I most always bind with the same fabric as the outer border unless it is a pieced border. I'm sure it will be beautiful whatever you decide and she will love it.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

A blue border would look nice. Nothing between the blocks.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:33 PM

someone mentioned grey (light), I would not have thought of that, but what a great idea...I know that the younger crowd really like grey, and it would make the other color pop.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:02 PM

Very pretty!! If you want to put a frame around it, perhaps the deep blue or even the royal blue. Then perhaps a lighter blue for the border to rest your eyes and soften it. Your piecing is beautiful!!