Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is the most unusual gift you have ever gotten/ given? >

What is the most unusual gift you have ever gotten/ given?

What is the most unusual gift you have ever gotten/ given?

Old 11-22-2014, 02:23 PM

You did say unusual, not gag so here goes. When my oldest son was born, one of the girls in the church came in and cleaned my house. Top to bottom. Washed, folded and put away All the laundry. I brought that new baby home to a perfectly clean house, it was the best baby present we got. And it was probably the last time it was all done at once.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:20 AM

Happy Birthday!

My unusual gift was made by a friends mother who was big into ceramics. Many years ago I had a breast reduction and she made me a creamer of a well endowed naked topped woman and the cream came out of her from a very strategic spot. We laughed about it for years and whenever she came for tea I used that creamer.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

when I was 12 I went out with a boy Andrew. Looking back now, this was probably the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me. I asked for purple snow. on Christmas morning about 9 am. he came and knocked on my door. I went outside and the whole front lawn was purple. he had spray painted with a water bottle of purple dye, the front lawn.It was the prettiest sight. for days people commented on my front lawn.

No one could top that. I bet his wife is always surprised by him. Lets hope he's still that romantic.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

Important update.
I haven't used the body bag in 5 years...
Old 11-21-2016, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

just thought of a gift i had my son give his uncle. He moved to Texas and was a bit landlocked after living on Long Island all these years. we went down to the beach, and he filled a small jar with sand and some frozen snow. He then sealed it with wax and sent it on to Texas. I think he still has it to this day. he labeled it Long Island in a jar.

ps-I collect sand from all over the world. I may not be rich, but i have some 'real estate' from all over the world. I even got a pebble from Vlad Dracul's castle!
Old 11-21-2016, 10:37 AM

My brother gave me a tea pot. It was Tom the pipers son. Turn out to be quite valuable. I still have it. I gave the same brother a stop light for his birthday. He installed at the end of his driveway. He lives out in the boonies so it is not big deal there.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the update, Miriam

The most unusual gift I've gotten was an electronic ignition for my 66 Mustang. I told my husband I was probably the only woman in the country that got an electronic ignition for Christmas and was happy about it.

Of course, there was the time he got me a cappucino machine when I didn't drink coffee. That was an interesting gift . . .
Old 11-21-2016, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

Miriam HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I would send that body bag "return to sender." lol....
Old 11-22-2016, 03:43 AM

I like to ask new brides what was the weirdest wedding gift received....mine was a "gift basket" filled with those hotel room coffee packaged condiments along with a box of expired crackers. ( it expired a year prior!). The person who gave them to us always gives weird gifts. One has to laugh! One Christmas she gave me a decorative popcorn tin....then had the nerve to ask me if SHE could keep the tin! I should have promptly dumped the popcorn into the trash can and hand her the empty tin back to her...To this day I regret not doing so, in fact. Silly me just dumped the popcorn into a large bag...the tin had dividers separating 4 flavors..thus mixing them all up in one bag. I have since put a ton of distance between us...not over the gift thing but other reasons...I just can't deal with her insecurities anymore. Just glad she lives 12 hours away.

Sandy
Old 11-22-2016, 04:23 AM

These stories are all so cute (peter warmer indeed!) but I can only think of a truly odd gift a friend (?) gave me back in the 70's. It was a one pound bag of raw peanuts. Never could figure that one out. If it had come with a cook book or even a single recipe card, I could get my head around it, but it was just a pound of raw peanuts.