Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is the most unusual gift you have ever gotten/ given? >

What is the most unusual gift you have ever gotten/ given?

What is the most unusual gift you have ever gotten/ given?

Old 11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

Default What is the most unusual gift you have ever gotten/ given?

Ok so my bday is Monday. Yeah it's a big one... biggest one I've ever had.... um aren't they all? Anyway people seem to get open season prank ideas when it is a big decade birthday. I love gag gifts anyway. What is the most unusual gift you have ever gotten/ given? My BFF got me a body bag.... Green Burial? Yeah, it is green nylon, zips down the middle. Straps on each corner and in the middle of the long edge. Maybe there is some way to quilt one up... Oh well anyway, guess what SHE is going to get when SHE turns 60..... oops...
Old 11-20-2011, 05:41 PM

I want to wish you a happy birthday today in case I can't find this post tomorrow. haha I just turned 59. Don't feel any different. I can't think of any unusual gifts, but for my birthday my husband left me a note on the kitchen table that said..." I was going to buy you a "Lincoln" but decided you'd rather have a "Franklin" instead." He had left a penny inside the note and down at the bottom was a $100 dollar bill. Needless to say, I was a happy camper.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:48 PM

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!! My unusual gift was back when my boys were small. My DH gave me the WHOLE day to myself. He took them out in the morning and didn't come back until it was time for them to go to bed. It was not a wrapped gift but it was truly MY OWN DAY!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:13 PM

I got a dozen dead roses for my 40th from our ladies birthday group!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:04 PM

I got a bottle of Geritol for my 30th birthday from my smart alec 2-years-younger brother.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:34 PM

Lol I haven't received any unusual gifts but at the time my then ten year old made me a card with the saying "you don't find mothers like you on the street". Well his siblings had a field day with that one and every year I get a variation of it.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:38 PM

My ex-husband gave me a toilet paper roll holder one year (the kind that you can stack a few rolls on that sits on the floor). Another year he gave me a bright, and I mean bright, orange puffy jacket - we live in Los Angeles, first we don't need puffy coats and second I looked like a Cal Trans (the fellas that work on the freeways) worker. Did I mention he is an ex????????
Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 PM

One birthday DH got me a pick-up load of well-aged horse manure. And I loved it.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:22 PM

I can't say it... there are those that would be offended and not see the humor of it. Let's just say that my BGFF and I had a great time figuring out different ways to pass this particular gift back and forth to one another for YEARS! LOL I don't know what finally happened to it tho...and don't recall which of us ended up with it!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:10 AM

Year before last BIL gave us a back deer leg, frozen, not skinned, wrapped in brown paper.