kitchen countertops

Old 12-30-2016, 05:14 PM

I have blackish gray (expensive) countertops. Came with the house, they are ok, but I would of chose something diffrent. Show dust and everything. There are so many great options now.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
They may not be in style but we just replaced our appliances and went with white. I learned my lesson with the avocado green fridge I bought years ago, then had to get a stove to match. When the fridge quit avocado was out. It's been white ever since and no regrets.
As long as they make white, that is what we will buy. I don't have to follow the trends.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:36 PM

I just redone my kitchen and I chose white ceramic tile with some blue glass trim and I love it after three years I still love it. easy to clean even the grout I have had formica in three houses but I allways wanted ceramic tile
Old 12-30-2016, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
wow, i'm glad i have have white appliances and cabinets. my counter tops in the kitchen are a beige quartz. i hate the dark look, and everyone wants granite. I'm glad I'm not they type of person that has to jump on the bandwagon.My counters have flecks in them and always look clean. I have black in the bathroom. Uba tuba is the color. the whole bathroom is in white, with river rock on the floor of the full shower, with marble and tile walls. so pretty. the countertop is a real pain. Never again.
Lynnie is the countertop that is a real pain in the bathroom? Do you like your quartz countertop in your kitchen?
Old 12-30-2016, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by callen View Post
My counters are very dark, not black but a mixture of black, browns etc. Everyone thinks I have granite counters but
it is just ordinary, regular counters. I love them because they don't show a thing BUT if you drop something small on them, it's feel with your hands to find it. LOL No problems though, I love my countertops. What I do hate is my
stainless steel appliances. I don't mind cleaning them, everyday if I have to, but they never come out looking as nice as I would like. Any ideas people? Would appreciate any suggestions. I have tried just about everything.
I use CeramaBryte on a client's appliances. A small bottle came with the frig. & I ordered online (2-16 oz bottles/$18). I have recently found it at Home Depot for around $5.00 in a spray bottle. I spray it on a small cloth & wipe it on, use another cloth to wipe it off.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:18 AM

I have black quartz counter tops. If I could change them I would. Mine have flecks of other colors in them but are still very dark. The up side is they don't always show the dirt and the down side is they don't always show the dirt. I wash them down, then someone runs their hands over them and finds a sticky spot that you can't see. Usually a guest of course. Pretty when they shine but otherwise a huge PIA.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:46 AM

I had black granite with splotches of butterscotch - absolutely LOVED them! Yes, it showed wipe marks, but I found using a microfiber cloth as dishcloth took care of that. The black was just so elegant. I also felt, since I could see the crumbs and splatters and took are of them, that my counters were clean. I now have a Quartz countertop, beige/gray/black/copper specks, so pretty but hard to see the dirt! And it shows wipe marks too - that doesn't go away. So all in all, it's the same amount of work. The black was gorgeous!
Old 12-31-2016, 11:54 AM

I have black granite in the master bath, and beige granite with black flecks in another bathroom. I think that the black granite looks cleaner than the beige granite. The beige granite shows spots more than the black.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:04 PM

I have black quartz with specks and love them. My only problem is dh doesn't wipe the counters because he doesn't see the crumbs. I do--see the crumbs and wipe for him.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:38 PM
Power Poster

I only have formica and I love it. My microwave id black. I wash it off once a week and always dry with a towel. I always dry everything off with a towel after it is washed.
My fridge and stove is off white, bone or whatever. I love them.
I would not want black countertops. Showing dust would drive me bonkers.