Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt classes >

quilt classes

quilt classes

Old 01-16-2017, 07:45 AM

I Am taking a class from Jackie now, Glacier Star, using batiks and she is excellent teacher. Batiks are easier with paper piecing.
Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
The Kansas City Regional Quilt Fest is in June and has posted their class offerings--which are well priced. I'm taking a class from a Judy Niemeyer certified teacher, Judy Kunkel, on the Total Eclipse quilt--little nervous about it as I'm not a frequent paper piecer. the prep instructions mention batiks--my question is would you recommend batiks for a Judy Niemeyer pattern? I've seen some of the Niemeyer designed fabric and it isn't batik.

I'm also taking a Jamie Wallen class and one with Tia Curtis--both long arm classes. My daughter is taking one on using color with Kerr & Ringle , a Zentangle thread painting on the DSM and another one (you'd think I'd remember since I paid for them! LOL!)

So batik or no?? I like it, but have never used it with paper piecing.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:45 AM

All of the Judy Niemeyer quilt projects that I'm working on are out of Batiks. I love them. I don't think you can go wrong using Batiks. Good luck and I think you will love her quilts.
Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
The Kansas City Regional Quilt Fest is in June and has posted their class offerings--which are well priced. I'm taking a class from a Judy Niemeyer certified teacher, Judy Kunkel, on the Total Eclipse quilt--little nervous about it as I'm not a frequent paper piecer. the prep instructions mention batiks--my question is would you recommend batiks for a Judy Niemeyer pattern? I've seen some of the Niemeyer designed fabric and it isn't batik.

I'm also taking a Jamie Wallen class and one with Tia Curtis--both long arm classes. My daughter is taking one on using color with Kerr & Ringle , a Zentangle thread painting on the DSM and another one (you'd think I'd remember since I paid for them! LOL!)

So batik or no?? I like it, but have never used it with paper piecing.