Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock Serenade with issues >

Babylock Serenade with issues

Babylock Serenade with issues

Old 12-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Default Babylock Serenade with issues

I have a Babylock Serenade...it has developed a new habit. It will sew (straight and zig-zag) for about 2-3" and then the "thread is broken" warning will pop up on the display...only thing is...the thread isn't broken... I have to wait the couple seconds for the warning to clear before I can sew another 2-3" for it to tell me that the thread is broken (when it isn't).

Anyone else have this same issue?

I have re-threaded, changed the thread, blown air through the threading path to clean out any loose fibers...

What else can I try?

I have 14 quilts to finish before Christmas and I need my machine to work faster than 3" at a time.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Power Poster

I really don't know, but are you sure your bobbin is wound well? A lot of issues crop up when a bobbin is not wound tightly and evenly. If you have a pre-wound bobbin available, you might try that to see if it solves the problem.

I have seen quite a few comments online about the Serenade having a variety of issues relating to the bobbin that seem associated with the bobbin sensor system. You can do a search on the QB and Google to find them. Someone posted that it got bad reviews on the patternreview.com website, but I haven't read them.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:42 PM

Thanks...I'll double check the bobbin
Old 12-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

I would also make sure that there is nothing caught in the tension disks.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:18 AM

I was having a problem with my machine the other day (not a Babylock) where the thread kept jamming. After removing the bobbin case a zillion times I decided to change the needle - worked perfectly after that. Just another suggestion for you.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:28 AM

I have a Serenade, which I love. I know the sensors on many or most computerized machines are sensitive to light. Direct sunlight really messes the machines up, and once my low bobbin alert appears, I can only finish off the bobbin by leaving the bobbin access door open, thus letting light in (and fooling the light sensor). Are you sewing with different lighting than what you normally use?
Old 12-11-2014, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I really don't know, but are you sure your bobbin is wound well? A lot of issues crop up when a bobbin is not wound tightly and evenly. If you have a pre-wound bobbin available, you might try that to see if it solves the problem.

I have seen quite a few comments online about the Serenade having a variety of issues relating to the bobbin that seem associated with the bobbin sensor system. You can do a search on the QB and Google to find them. Someone posted that it got bad reviews on the patternreview.com website, but I haven't read them.
I agree that was one of the main issues with that model when it came out, you might want to find a yahoo group with this model so others with this model can tell you what they did or if its something that has to be fixed by a dealer
Old 12-13-2014, 05:39 AM

I have the serenade and when I have this issue (not often) will take the bobbin out and clean the area and re-thread the machine and everything works fine. Also when my needle needs replace it seems to break the top thread and won't let me sew.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:40 PM

thank you! I read your post and it dawned on me i just added a new OTT light by my machine and my macne is close to a very sunny window. As soon as I turned it off my new light my bobbin error went away.. so odd but at least my Serenade is working again. i am guessing the cross between the sunshine and bright OTT light was too much.. thank you again for your post.. so helpful!!