Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Inspira quilt frame >

Inspira quilt frame

Inspira quilt frame

Old 08-30-2015, 06:20 PM

I used to belong to this yahoo group when I had the vikingmegaquilter and inspira frame. They were a very helpful group https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ndQuilter/info
Old 08-30-2015, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pagzz View Post
I used to belong to this yahoo group when I had the vikingmegaquilter and inspira frame. They were a very helpful group https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ndQuilter/info
Thank you I will join that group if it is still open.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pagzz View Post
I had an inspira frame from 2005 to 2009. It was for a 9" throat machine like a VikingMegaQuilter or the PfaffGrandquilter.
Me to and i am switching up not enough throat space. No longer supportrd by grace either for parts.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:17 PM

I have an Inspira frame on my Viking Mega Quilter 8x18. Have had it for 8 years now, and have not had a problem with the rollers bowing. My husband set up a dead arm on it so I don't have to roll the finished part of the quilt and that was handy. I have had a lot of problems with the machine, but the only issue I have with the frame is the black inserts on the carriage (where the machine rolls). They tend to wear off and need to be replaced more often than I like. When I got the machine it came on this frame. They gave me six extra pieces for the rails, and at this time I am down to two extra. The worst one is the one the encoder runs on. I like the frame, myself.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:39 PM

Thanks everyone, I am still not sure if I want to keep this. I see that some of the best prices on long arms include the frames and other upgrades so I will have to think about this for awhile. I did join the yahoo group and all of the info will help me to decide.

The fact that it is so old and no longer supported has me a little concerned especially being new. I love having a seller I can go back to when I need to. I might decide to sell this for extra parts. It does have a nice white metal carriage unit. Still considering all of my options and as with most the money and the space are the two biggest hurdles.
Thanks again everyone.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:54 PM

While you won't find a long arm for less than $200 ( or frame cost and what a lighter weight machine for it will cost), you may be able to find a used long arm for much less than what you expect. It will still be a big investment, but may be worth your "savings" in frustration and will certainly allow you to do larger quilts.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
While you won't find a long arm for less than $200 ( or frame cost and what a lighter weight machine for it will cost), you may be able to find a used long arm for much less than what you expect. It will still be a big investment, but may be worth your "savings" in frustration and will certainly allow you to do larger quilts.
Yes the least expensive machine I like is a Bailey. Not too expensive and different sizes. My friend has one and likes it. I like the looks of the sweet 16 too but now I am not sure if I buy a machine separately that it will fit this frame. And as noted...I am not into frustrations...May just be better to get the whole enchilada from the start. But do I really want that expensive of an enchilada??? Heaven knows I do not NEED it. Justification is the key here for me. I think I will visit the yahoo group and see what machines they have found works well with this unit and take it from there.

Thank you for your reply, It helps me to keep everything in perspective.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:34 PM

Needing some help myself on a LAQ frame. I bought a used older Tin Lizzie with a frame. I'm not sure what frame it is & there in lies my dilemma, I don't remember how to put it back together. Any advice as to where to ask for help? Please, I have finally gotten DH to be ready to assemble it but I need to know what frame it is so I can look up the directions for it. I do have pictures of before disassembling and some of the disassembled pieces but that's as much as I have. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Jeri aka [email protected]
Old 09-02-2015, 07:11 AM

Lots of frame set up videos on youtube, that is where I found one for mine to see exactly how it goes up.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz View Post
Lots of frame set up videos on youtube, that is where I found one for mine to see exactly how it goes up.
Yes, Youtube has this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuQ_EmFGnM that I'm getting ready to reference yet again. I've had mine disassembled for a couple of years and getting ready to set it up in a new sewing room now. This is exactly like the VHS tape that came with mine and I no longer have a player.