Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Help with sewing machine cabinet >

Help with sewing machine cabinet

Help with sewing machine cabinet

Old 08-30-2017, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by cherylrom View Post
I need a new sewing machine cabinet for my Pfaff Creative Sensation. I have always had my machine just sitting on top of a cabinet but now I really want to drop it down so the bed of the machine is level with the top of the cabinet. I have a sewing studio so leave my machine open all the time. I just can't afford the Koala or custom cabinets ($5-7,000). Can you please post pics of creative ways you have set up your sewing machine in a cabinet. I appreciate all the help given every day and look forward to seeing what others have done.
I bought a table with the cutout at Joanns on sale. It is normally $125 but I got it for around $50. It raises and lowers and is quite large to hold quilts while I quilt.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:19 AM

I bought an executive desk at Restore for $15. It has a center drawer that I could set my machine in if I cut a hole in the top. I just haven't decided to do that yet.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:57 AM

My DH used an old computer desk (sold at local college for $15) and I put the machine where the keyboard is and then screwed it in place. Works like a charm and I have a huge working surface.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:32 PM

My husband took an old heavy kitchen table-cut out a piece of the top to fit my machine in--made a shelf for the machine to sit on and I love it
Old 08-30-2017, 07:12 PM

check out this portable table: http://.www.SEWEZI.com

I have this portable table, you can also get a acrylic insert that fits around your sewing machine.....I have this table and love it, take it to retreat and in our RV.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:38 PM

I also have the SewEZ table - when you buy it they ask you what machine you are will use with it. And that is included in the cost. I also bought the piece that makes the table flat so I could put my embroidery machine with it.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
I bought an executive desk at Restore for $15. It has a center drawer that I could set my machine in if I cut a hole in the top. I just haven't decided to do that yet.
I have had my machine in the drawer of a $15 student desk for some 30 years. My desk only has the one wide drawer but DH cut a hole for the machine and it needed a board to lift it to be level with desk top. Has been working perfect all these years.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:09 AM

farmquilter, I forgot I did the same thing. I just pulled out the center drawer and set the machine in it. It wasn't very stable that way so I've just been setting it on the desk top. My machine isn't really heavy but the vibration from sewing caused it the drawer to shake some.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by d.rickman View Post
check out this portable table: http://.www.SEWEZI.com

I have this portable table, you can also get a acrylic insert that fits around your sewing machine.....I have this table and love it, take it to retreat and in our RV.
I have the plastic insert for my new machine in an old cabinet. It is so wonderful, cost me $15.