Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
One More Accuquilt Question I Promise! >

One More Accuquilt Question I Promise!

One More Accuquilt Question I Promise!

Old 09-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/accuquilts

Not all of them are on sale, but most are. You see only the current price on this page and have to click on one of items to find out the regular price.
Jane- here you go
Old 09-03-2017, 05:10 PM

I find the Accuquilt website difficult

For me, the Qubes are over-priced. I already had a lot of the dies before the Qubes came out, so they were not as attractive to me as they might be to others.[/QUOTE]

me too! And I found that some of the dies in the Qubes are not available individually!
Old 09-03-2017, 07:32 PM

I just used my FG die for first time tonight (even though i've had it forever) and it's great! no waste, and fits so perfectly The more I use my Accuquilt the more I love it--such accuracy and for those that worry about wasted fabric, I don't really think that I waste any more than I do with a rotary cutter.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:25 AM

I would suggest you decide what quilt you want to make and determine if any of the dies will make cutting easier, and then get that die/dies. I tried to do that but whenever I saw a die on sale that I thought I might use someday, I would buy it. Therefore, I have a bunch of dies that have never been used. But that is ok, they are there when I need them!!!
Old 09-04-2017, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
I clicked on 20 of them. and the sale price is the same as the listed price.....but shipping is free and that is a plus.
Only the first 10 dies in the link I sent are for sale.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:29 AM

If you ever plan on doing a Double Wedding Ring, or any quilt that has curved pieces i.e. apple core, I would get those dies. I have the DWR die and love it. Everything is so accurate.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:11 AM

I have never seen the GO! cubes on sale, but they do have the companion sets on sale very inexpensively (some of those have up to 5 dies for $45 the last time I looked). I bought the Studio, but I have learned that I need a plan for acquiring dies. I built my reasoning on a solid premise: strip dies could help me make my own jelly rolls and the 5 in square could cut charms --both standard-- there would be plenty of patterns that use those sizes.
Take a breath and slow down. Moving too fast without a plan might result in EXPENSIVE clutter in the form of dies you don't really use. I am using the Wish List on the Accuquilt site to build my plan. I have made a rule for myself that I will buy ONE die from that list when they have a 1/2 off sale. That way I can look forward to new dies while I fully utilize the ones I currently own.

You may want to develop a reasoned plan for yourself that meets your goals, interests and quilting style while avoiding emotional decisions that cost money, space and stress.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:17 AM
Power Poster

InnovaBR I agree with you. I don't want a lot of things I won't use. So I'm taking it slowly. Thanks!

EDit-- from what I understand you have to get the Cube to buy the companion sets, correct? The cubes are so darn expensive!
Old 09-05-2017, 04:19 AM

Maybe studio dies go on sale for half off, but I have not seen any GO dies at that price...the most I've seen is $10 off! But, if you ever see that deal, please let us know!
Old 09-05-2017, 04:21 AM
Power Poster

Geri B- I will post if I ever see a sale, promise!