Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is there another brand that is comparable to the AccuQuilt? >

Is there another brand that is comparable to the AccuQuilt?

Is there another brand that is comparable to the AccuQuilt?

Old 09-14-2017, 02:14 PM

Where did you find the dies for the Sizzix? I couldn't seem to find any quilting dies on Amazon.

Last edited by NZquilter; 09-14-2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-15-2017, 04:53 AM

I bought my Big Shot Plus from overstock.com and I've also purchased dies from them. If you sign up for their coupons, sometimes you can catch a good sale and then piggy-back the coupon on top of the sale.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:47 PM

I have the big shot pro with the extended platform. I use both Sizzix and Accuquilt Go and studio dies. I look for sales and often find good deals on amazon or overstock. Accuquilt frequently has good sales for their studio dies though the Sizzix equivalent is still often less expensive. I have also found Sizzix dies at my local Tuesday Morning store.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:03 PM

I have the Sizzix Big Shot pro & a smaller one that is more portable. Love them both! Accuquilt dies can be used on them. Sign up online foe Sizzix.com & scrapebook.com (or maybe it is scrapbooking.com) sometimes some great sales. I also found dies on Amazon & Tuesday Morning. Some Walmart carry them in the stores and many online. Some of my sewing friends long used Accuquilt but have switched to Sizzix because dies less expensive. I went with Sizzix because Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt co. Partnered with them & many dies for Jenny's projects.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:22 PM

Connecting Threads also carries Sizzix now.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:03 AM

A Big Kick also works with the dies.

I had a Big Kick, and asked Sizzix. They said machines were the same. Big Kick is the original.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:43 AM

I have one of the original Sizzix and would have to buy a bigger one for the wider dies. I've used the accuquilt and the Sizzix, and sorry, Accuquilt has the battle won hands down. The Accuquilt has the ability to cut large dies easily. The handle is much easier to use as well. Accuquilt also has so many dies that are made for Quilters. The Accuquilt seems to me the exact same machine used in most public schools (usually elementary) to make all their boards in class as well as projects for the kids. Many quilt stores allow you to rent their machine and dies. The dies themselves are different and similar, Sizzix uses plastic for me on the bottom and sides, Accuquilt uses wood on the bottom.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:08 AM

Maybe you could find some in person to try out some how?
Old 09-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Pattipat- right now the Accuquilt Go is on sale------ right after I paid full price, grrr
Old 09-21-2017, 08:57 PM

I have the Accuquilt go big -- its electric and a dream. I wanted to get the Sizzix, or one of the cheaper Accuquilt, but I have shoulder issues and can't turn the handles. I hate the cost of the dies, but only buy them on sale.