Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Q'nique Quilting machine >

Q'nique Quilting machine

Q'nique Quilting machine

Old 09-22-2017, 03:49 PM

Default Q'nique Quilting machine

looking at the Grace Q'nique 14.
can get a really great deal on a new one at my local quilt show happening right now. Or the local dealer has offered me an even better deal on a used one that was just upgraded and he will deliver, set up and warranty for a year. Far as price, I can't pass it up. Wondering what thoughts are on this machine. I am a super newbie!!! It might not be enough down the road but for right now??
any thoughts out there?
Old 09-22-2017, 07:42 PM

no thoughts on the machine, but a friend of mine just got one and she's having another long arm friend to baste her quilts so that it's easy to use on her frame.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:06 PM

Several things to think about:

1) what is your budget? If you need to keep the price as low as possible, then go with the option that gives you the most bang for the least bucks.

2) Does the local dealer offer training on how to use the Q'nique on the frame? How to put the sandwich on the frame, how to measure the quilt and the pattern for the best outcome? Does it include leaders? Is it computerized? If it's not computerized, does it include a stylus for pantographs? Does it include any pantographs, rulers, etc.? Do you have any options on a frame size if you buy used? If you get a 10 or 12 foot frame, but only have room for an 8 foot frame - well you see the problem.

3) Will the dealer at the show offer free set up as well? What is the warranty on frame, and the machine if you buy new at the show? What does the dealer at the show offer in the line of training? Is the setup the show dealer is selling computerized? Does it include leaders? What, if any, extras does the price include. What frame size options do you have with the setup?

As for the quality of Q'nique, no one I know has one, so can't comment on that.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:29 AM
Gay

Don't know anything about the machine, but know that you will not be able to quilt a design larger than 9 or 10" due to the throat area taken up by a rolled up quilt. I own an 18" Tin Lizzie, and would really like something bigger, because I like making large quilts, but for smaller items it should be ok.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:05 AM

I think Leah Day has one. When you have time check out her website. I hope that was where I saw a video about the Q'nique. Please forgive me if I am wrong...
Old 09-23-2017, 07:39 AM

here is part 1 of leah day's review my brother dealer is now setting them up in the store he told me brother and grace frames are joining together, he has the long arm set up now he allowed me to try it out my first time ever on a long arm it was really cool and so easy,but that being said a pratise quilt was already loaded on it never loaded a quilt on a long arm so don't know how easy that would be, he will have the qnique 14 set up by next weekend he also gave quoted me a good deal he just got back from a quilt show and said it was the quilt show price, I'm on the fence i will check it out next weekend,here is the link to leah day https://youtu.be/AJ-dMC0NMjg hope it works
Old 09-23-2017, 03:26 PM

Q'Nique also makes a 21 inch throat. Loading the quilt isn't that hard, except to make sure it is on straight! Like everything else we learn, it's easy once we know how! Ask the dealer to show you how to thread and all that important stuff, too.

I didn't know the Q'nique was made by Brother. Good to know. I have enjoyed the Brother machines I have and had.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:06 PM

The Q'nique and BlockRockiT are made by the Grace Company. They are identical other than the branding on them. I have had my BlockRockiT for 3 years and I am very happy with it!
Old 09-23-2017, 09:05 PM

thank you for the info mrsponcho1. I did look it up and it was very helpful! There are several that show how to load them on to the frame. My dealer will be super helpful.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:09 PM

Love mine, no problems. Had it for a year. Go check out Leah's review.