Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- November 10-12, 2017 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- November 10-12, 2017

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- November 10-12, 2017

Old 11-11-2017, 04:10 AM

How wonderful that you guys war already on task for VQW. I am taking a class with Timna Tarr today so won’t be working on any of my own projects this weekend.

Tcsweaves, love your blue quilt...QuiltVagabond love the uniqueness of your quilt and Sync, what an adorable penguin quilt.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
Looks like everyone has been busy today. I was working on a baby quilt today and have the center done. Now I just need to make the borders.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583651[/ATTACH]
this is sew adorable... can't wait to see the finish
Old 11-11-2017, 05:30 AM

Never done this before. One of my guilds at my summer/fall home said yes to a request for 125 quilts for vets by 12/12! Got 8 tops done yesterday thanks to three layer cakes and backing fabric packed up for my son to take to the workshop contact. Four more to go to finish my commitment. I can't be there so this is my contribution.
Since I have transitioned to my winter/spring home (with son and DIL) and I am the "cutter" for the bee here, the scrap donations have piled up monstrously. I have them to process as well. My growing UFO pile is about to topple over so one or two big things need to move off of that. My DIL is running a half marathon out of town and I am dog sitting so I am definitely in!
Old 11-11-2017, 05:37 AM

mhollifiel, I am sitting here in Oak Ridge, NC (by Greensboro)! Is your winter/spring home in Raleigh? Interesting. I am here for several more weeks and am missing my sewing. I brought redwork embroidery to do by hand...but not getting much done. Having fun with the grandchildren and their parents are both out of town for work. Impressed you can get anything done! I'm also liking the term "winter/spring" home.......we live in the Southwest part of the US, but maybe I can convince them that I need to stay with them during the winter/spring! I'm not joining this VQW because I'm sure I won't finish anything.......happy sewing everyone!
Old 11-11-2017, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
I got my blocks laid out. I like to take a picture at this point to see if anything looks out of place. I'm sewing it together today.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583657[/ATTACH]
and another good reason to take the picture is to find which direction the blocks should turn after picking them up to sew them... and getting them mixed up LOL ... ask me how i know!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-11-2017 at 06:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-11-2017, 06:11 AM

Spending the weekend packing up my sewing stuff due to heading down to Florida for the winter. My stuff takes up half the space in the bed of our truck.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:18 AM

Your quilt is one that my daughter and her oldest daughter would go for, they love neutral......
Old 11-11-2017, 07:20 AM

I'm in I am working on a quilt I designed for a friend who has loved horses and trained race horses. He is 94. I don't know if he has ever been to the Kentucky Derby but I'm sending it to him in my quilt I made for him. All I have left to do on it is the binding and label.
I've never done FMQ before myself but my quilting friend let me use her Sweet Sixteen. I was so nervous but it was a learning experience. Yes I made some mistakes but I don't think he's going to mind. At least I hope not.
So I'll be sewing on this to get it done.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Looks like everyone has some wonderful projects going. I just love the one that NZquilter is doing. Fall has some amazing colors. Wishing I could join you this time, but will have to wait for Dec.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:42 AM

Today, I'm working on the hand stitching of the binding for one of the quilts that I'm making for my 2 dentists that both lost their homes in the Northern California fires. I have to say, this one is not my neatest, or most precise quilt that I've ever made. I'm reconsidering giving it to him. He's a dentist, after all and precision is the name of his game. I may make up another one for him. It's an easy square-in-a-square design.

I'm also sandwiching another quilt, if I have time.

~ C