Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
simply sixteen long arm quilting machine reviews/advice >

simply sixteen long arm quilting machine reviews/advice

simply sixteen long arm quilting machine reviews/advice

Old 12-31-2017, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by patsan View Post
Are you saying you can set up a 10 or 12' frame to be an 8' frame if you wanted? That could solve so many space problems for so many people.
Just be sure you want to cut your frame size down, as minimizing the table is no problem, but you will have to cut your rails down to fit the smaller table. If you decide to go back to larger table, then you have to buy new rails. The rails are what the machine carrier rolls on and they cannot be joined in pieces. I have an 11’ table and I just load on one end of the table for smaller quilts. Good Luck!
Old 12-31-2017, 07:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OzarksGma View Post
Just be sure you want to cut your frame size down, as minimizing the table is no problem, but you will have to cut your rails down to fit the smaller table. If you decide to go back to larger table, then you have to buy new rails. The rails are what the machine carrier rolls on and they cannot be joined in pieces. I have an 11’ table and I just load on one end of the table for smaller quilts. Good Luck!
No, with a Handi Quilter frame you don't cut it down. The poles come in sections that you put together to get the length you want. My Studio frame is a 12' frame so everything comes in 4' sections. I chose to only set it up at 8' but I have the last section(frame, table and poles)should I decide to make the frame 12'.

Cari
Old 01-01-2018, 12:28 AM

I test drove the HQ 16=on the little foot frame, I’m in UK and houses here are smaller than US, the sewing area is about 13” by 46”. The girl who was showing me the ropes was in a quilt shop near me and independent from seller. She does king size quilts by repositioning the quilt, she also showed me loading the quilt on the bias to use the plastic patterns using the stylus with the rear handles. All in all I’m impressed and will purchase as soon as my dads estate is settled. I decided against the sit down types as I would still be hauling a load of quilt around as I find that tiring and sore on my arms and shoulders.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:26 PM

I am considered purchasing this same machine. I was wondering if you ever got it and how have you liked it? I’m afraid of making the investment and not being happy with it.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:21 PM

Did you ever purchase the Simply Sixteen?
Old 02-02-2018, 09:44 PM

I had to sell my Gammill last year (after four years with it)
due to a move we made to a home without a studio. After a lot of internet searching I finally got the chance to try the HQ Simply Sixteen. After twenty minutes I was convinced. I’ve had it for a little over a month and love it!! The machine and frame are solid, no wobbles etc. The support from their site via YouTube makes setting it up and learning the ‘how to’s’ a breeze. I have been able to use stitches I never could really master before (think classic feathers) because of the smoothness and nice weight of the machine. I absolutely love this machine. It’s not a beginner machine, it’s a machine for smaller spaces. Advancing the quilt with the clamps isn’t hard and I’m currently working on a 75” by 80” quilt with no problems. You can even set up the quilt with just spray adhesive and then baste on the frame. Plus, there are several sizes of frames. I took the 5’ due to my space but they have a 10’ one as well. I think there is one more size. I have no affiliation to Handi Quilter so this is my unbiased opinion.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer View Post
I bought the Simply 16 with the Studio frame. I have it set up in the 8' configuration. I also bought the rear handle bars. It's wonderful!
When you bought the Simply 16, were you able to buy the machine without the Little Foot table, since you bought a Studio Frame?? I want to do same thing you did, but not be stuck with a Little Foot table.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:25 PM

I purchased the Simply Sixteen and the 12’ studio frame. I use it as an 8’ frame and it works beautifully. I use a lot f the groovy boards. There is no learning curve. You can just start quilting!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer View Post
I purchased the Simply Sixteen and the 12’ studio frame. I use it as an 8’ frame and it works beautifully. I use a lot f the groovy boards. There is no learning curve. You can just start quilting!
I am thinking of dipping my toe in the longarm waters...I take it stitch regulation is built in? Can someone explain the two modes?

Also if you have the 10' or 12' tables, you do not have to shift the quilt to quilt across the whole width of the quilt?

Finally, what is the basting setup on the long tables? Is it a three bar, no baste setup or do you have to baste before loading the quilt?

Many thanks all!
Old 09-05-2019, 02:05 PM

The HQ Simply Sixteen now has a Little Buddy system that you can add to the Little Foot frame. So, you can quilt in smaller sections, but attach it to leaders and poles that roll. Here's a link: https://handiquilter.com/product/hq-little-buddy/