Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where is your clutter hot spot? >

Where is your clutter hot spot?

Where is your clutter hot spot?

Old 01-26-2018, 03:31 AM

The people in this family are horrible.....they think that any flat surface is a storage area! Kitchen counters are the worse. The maid...ME... gets tired of seeing the mess and puts everything away. Of course then the maid gets accused of losing "stuff". Serves them right LOL!
Old 01-26-2018, 12:45 PM

My house!! It's a tiny house!! Hate clutter but I get rid of more n just seems to duplicate!!!
Old 01-26-2018, 04:01 PM
Power Poster

I cannot get my family to stop placing things on it. I clean it and within hours it is back full of clutter. This has gotten to be a sore point. I am tired of picking things up off there.

Have a big clean plastic trash can, the type you can't reach the bottom. Put everything left on the counter, bar, or dining table in the can. Let them fish the items out when needed. Items will be contained until retrieved and out of sight.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:32 PM
Banned

My clutter hot spot is the little bar that separates the kitchen from the living room, it's the first thing you see when you come through the door. I empty my coat pockets, set down my Pepsi or water bottle, etc....I have to clean it off about once a week but since I live alone I have no one to blame but myself. I have a SIL who, when her family was younger, if they wouldn't pick up their stuff or do their chores(like doing the dishes) would clean house by bringing in the garbage can and sweeping the counters and bar clean. Hubby and kids learned to clean up after themselves after a while after a few sets of dishes, pans, car parts, clothing items, etc. had to be purchased again. An extreme method to be sure but it worked.

Cari
Old 01-27-2018, 09:29 AM

My hot spots are my kitchen counters and my cutting table. When I has five children at home, if anything was left out, it was mine for a week. One daughter had to go w/o a math book with a grumpy teacher, one had to go without boots in the winter. Tough, yes, but it kept the house clean.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

clean house by bringing in the garbage can and sweeping the counters and bar clean. Hubby and kids learned to clean up after themselves after a while after a few sets of dishes, pans, car parts, clothing items, etc. had to be purchased again. An extreme method to be sure but it worked.
If I am the primary cleaner then the house rules for clean is made by me. If someone is constantly picking up after others then that's their fault.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
My dining room table is our "dumping spot" when we enter. Impossible to keep cleaned off sometimes.
We must live in the same house!
Old 02-01-2018, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

I agree with OnebyOne- I refuse to pick up after others!
Old 02-01-2018, 06:31 AM

Ugh, my bedroom dresser. Its the first place I go when I come in the door from work.
Everything lands and stays there. Its where I charge my phone and tablet, keep my purse, and leave my workout clothes for the morning. I wish it was a more restful space, but I'm not sure how to achieve that. At least it keeps the clutter out of the other rooms.