Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Worried about my quilt >

Worried about my quilt

Worried about my quilt

Old 02-12-2018, 07:28 AM

Good News! I received a text update very early this morning from USPS saying the package arrived in the Phoenix distribution center last night at 7:38. What a relief. Was not given a new delivery date but my fears have vanished. Thanks for everyone's support and info!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

At least it's at the distribution center and I hope it arrives safely!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:43 AM

I had a UPS-like store for 29 years (an independent shop) and I still have on online store. I NEVER send anything weighing more than a couple pounds or valued at more than $40 thru the mail. It is not that they do not deliver a tremendous number of packages and letters, it is because if there is a problem, you do not get the responses you need or want. Folks think that UPS and Fed-X are so much more expensive - not so. What you are paying is the higher fees charged by the location you are going to. Go online, print your own label and pay online. Then you simply drop it off at any location FOR FREE. I often just hand my packages to the driver as he delivers other stuff. This also allows for exact day delivery info so you can alert the receiver as to when it will get there and they can make arrangements to be home. At this time of year, weather can be a concern, but delivery in bad weather is only rarely affected with UPS and Fed-X. And, you can use ANY box with them as long as it has a legible label - so use that priority mail box to ship with UPS or Fed-X! Also, with any carrier, lay a plastic bag inside the bottom to stop moisture and put a label inside the box just in case.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:46 AM

USPS does deliver on Sunday. I received a package yesterday. I had received one on a Sunday at Christmas time, but I wasn't aware that they did it year round. Your quilt is good hands.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:02 AM

I had a priority package that was shipped from a very small town post office on Jan. 15. Tracking showed it departed and then it dropped off the face of the earth. By Feb. 1 I had lost all hope of receiving the package ... even after filing forms with USPS (on line and at local post office). There was no response and local post office manager said he could not provide any information (what kind of customer service and job dedication is that?). Saturday, Feb. 10 it was quietly laid on my doorstep when the delivery postal worker normally knocks when he/she is delivering a package. I am happy about receiving the package but bewildered by the actions of USPS. In the last several days I have read about and seen videos of local postal workers dumping undelivered mail at various sites - apartment complex dumpsters, illegal dump sites and in black trash bags set out for local neighborhood waste pickup. This adds to my lack of faith in the postal system and further confirms that it is an outdated system full of lazy, undeserving workers. I hope your package is received very soon.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

I'm so glad to hear it. Bet your blood pressure is going down.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:04 AM

Received another notice that the package is out for delivery today!! Although I am very relieved, I will consider this a warning to only use UPS and FEDX in the future. I also realize all carriers have problems at times.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:43 PM

I"m glad you got an update. I recently had a USPS package take over 2 weeks to get from Cali to Houston. After 2 weeks I emailed the place I purchased from and they sent me another one out. Both packages arrived the same day. Go figure.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:46 PM

Oh Cash, that is ironic!
Old 02-12-2018, 05:47 PM

The parcels do not ship directly. They first go to a sorting " hub",often located far away. Your parcel may be in the snowbound area north of you!