Jesus Christ Superstar ?

Old 04-01-2018, 07:21 AM

Default Jesus Christ Superstar ?

I have several shows saved to my DVD for this evening, some I really don't want to miss but I also want to save Jesus Christ Superstar which runs in and out of what will record that I have already added.

Does anyone know if this showing will be shown more then once on the network? I could set it to record it and watch later if there is.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

The answer to this may depend on where you're located. Are you not able to record several things at the same time?

My cable company provides a search function, so I can enter a show's name and see a list of all the times that show will air. Do you have access to that function? When I do that I see only the one time for that show. But the other shows you want to record may be available on different dates.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

Our DVR can record 6 shows at once. My understanding is that this is a live show performed once. I have it set to record too since we are out of town. If something goes wrong I'd love to find it on the search function
Old 04-02-2018, 03:22 AM

I watched this last night. Would have been a lot better without the commercials, so if you tape it, at least you can skip thru them
Old 04-02-2018, 03:31 AM

Didn't watch this "new" version, but have the original saved on my DVD from several yrs back...and the music on cd..play it every year!....also saw the stage version many yrs ago - a repeat performance with the "original" main character...so different from the movie version......
Old 04-02-2018, 03:32 AM

Yes, it was about 10 minutes of show and then 5 minutes of commercials! Really bad
Old 04-02-2018, 03:58 AM

I had to delete one of the programs I wanted to tape in order to tape this, my DVD only saves 2. Actually I'm glad I did tape it because you are right, 4 min. of the play and then into what seemed like 15 min. of commercials. I understand that they had to pay for this production but so little show and so many commercials.
I will finish watching today and just skip the commercials but, from what I did see, it was a really good production but I could have done without the audience yelling and clapping which made it hard to hear some of the songs. That said, much better then I expected it would be.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:23 AM

We watched it on Hulu yesterday. No ads at all. It just ran straight through. I was thinking while watching it that ads would have really disrupted the flow of the musical.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

Darn, I missed it! Yesterday my husband told me that we missed it and we were both disappointed. Totally forgot about it.
We watched The Ten Commandments Saturday night on ABC and I'm going to get the DVD of it. The commercials drove us nuts and they're so loud!
I almost never watch regular TV and forgot how annoying that is.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:54 AM

I personally thought the new version of JCS was weird to say the least. Alice Cooper as Herrod? Only one who was missing was Gene Simmons! LOL