Pfaff 360

Old 06-24-2018, 03:30 PM

Default Question on Pfaff 360

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Once I get power I can listen for it to spin up. In the meantime, I thought this clutch wheel was pretty neat.[ATTACH=CONFIG]588484[/ATTACH]
I have a lady that wants to sell her's it's a 360 in original cabinet and electric petals and cords all of it. What is one like that worth??
Thanks, VM
Old 06-24-2018, 08:19 PM

I bought a 260 (flat bed version of 360) with cabinet, accessories, manual and cords this month for $20. They had a previous buyer at $75 until she tried it and couldn't get the presser foot bar to go down. After getting it home, I noticed that the bar went down slowly but a spritz of PB blaster fixed that. The motor runs strong and smooth, but the needle position lever doesn't go to right, so some more cleaning needed. it had one bobbin, which was a 66 class bobbin, but I found a number of Pfaff bobbins in my collection of orphan bobbins. The thing I am missing is the cool stitch wheel that shows the combination of settings for each decorative stitch. I love the power of this machine, but wish it was green instead of gray ;-)
The interesting thing the previous owner noted is that she was selling cheap because she was downsizing for a move. That led me to realize that the past 4 SM I got for a really low price were from people in some stage of moving. I don't know if that information is useful for anyone trying to determine an acceptable price for a machine that they are considering though!
Old 06-25-2018, 05:04 AM

In a cabinet and working condition they easily go for $100 here. The extra strong motor is sought after, as well as some cabinets. There are of course bargains now and then, and $20 definitely is. I would happily do a clean up of a dirty 360 at a bargain price. It's not a very common model either, but it turn up. Some cabinets are very nice and worth paying a bit for. I know a few cases were the seller would not sell for anything under $350, in nice condtioin, all accesories in a the grey suit case. I think they eventually were sold.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:31 AM

Wow, what a great deal! Thank you!
Old 06-25-2018, 05:34 AM

Default Pfaff 360- Replys

Thank you very much! The one that I have inquired about is about an hour or more away from us, but in a nice wooden cabinet, and is that gray color- I thought it was perhaps a fair deal. But wasn't sure, she is selling it from $100.
Now to convince my husband that it would be a good investment is another story.
The one's that are in a case, I supposed can just be taken out for lighter transport to be serviced? I guess, not certain.
Thanks you again!!
Old 06-25-2018, 07:12 AM

Two set screws under the base should realease the head from a cabinet. Powere cords can be a pain. Some are clipped in, stapled in and I had one that I had to cut to get the machine out of the cabinet.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:09 AM

Some cabinets for freearm models are easier; they can be made for the machine to be more portable. It's hard to tell with out seeing it.