Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marshall Dry Good Company >

Marshall Dry Good Company

Marshall Dry Good Company

Old 07-20-2018, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

Marshall's is a fabric distributor which means they have craft fabric as well as quilting cotton fabric. The craft fabric isn't distinguised from the quilting fabric. If it says 100% cotton then it's sold as cotton. I go there looking for name brand fabrics for quilting. If you order Robert Kauffman, Riley Blake, Timeless Treasures, Bernatex, South Seas, Hoffman, you will get Robert Kauffman, etc quality. I do like Dream Cotton sold by MDG. It's very good.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:09 PM
Power Poster

I buy a lot from Marshalls... but then I go to the store to shop in person at least once a year also. I'm very happy with their fabrics. I would urge you to try them out with a small order. For the price you can't beat them!
Old 07-21-2018, 04:05 AM

I've never gotten a bad piece of fabric from Marshall's and I've shopped at their sale bargain prices. Love their backing fabrics plus the prices are great. I used to shop at Connecting Threads and though their prices are good too, they've been raising their prices and I've found their fabrics fray alot so I'm sending my business to Marshall's more.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:36 AM

Thank you ladies this is very helpful! I will give them a try!
Old 07-21-2018, 05:44 AM

I have purchased from them. The one time that I got fabric (Bolt) that had a bad printing flaw in it, I contacted them - was sent another and told to keep the previous one. I recently purchased some Mary Fons fabric (bolt) at an excellent price. Was very pleased when it arrived. I have not bought batting from them.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:58 PM

I have several cuts from Marshall Dry Goods. The fabric felt a little coarse but quilted up beautifully and the drape was acceptable. the fabric also lost its coarseness with washing. I would definitely buy from them again but as mentioned before , Please ready the descriptions carefully and buy brands known to you.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:12 AM

I love,love,love their dream cotton solids. I buy tons of that. They have quilt shop quality fabric, name brands, a well as a sort of cheaper line..listed under quilters blenders, and quilters classics. They are fine for utility quilts and backing. The name brands and designer lines you can "feel" in a quilt shop near you..the blenders and classics..order a yard and decide for yourself. Great company!!!!!
Old 07-26-2018, 03:12 PM

I agree with everyone else I have purchased fabric from them and was very happy with the quality. I agree with Cheesehead about the shipping though! Give them a try but stick to what you know name brand wise. Good luck!