Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
marshall dry good on line store >

marshall dry good on line store

marshall dry good on line store

Old 04-14-2016, 06:45 AM

Default marshall dry good on line store

How is the quality of fabric from Marshall Dry goods on line store ? Especially 108 backing -$8.99/yd. That is a great price!
I am not really picky about my backing.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

Some of their fabrics are great, some quite stiff, however. I usually just buy name brand fabrics from them. If you are interested in a certain fabric from one of their lines, I would order a small amount to check.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:14 AM

I have ordered from their wholesale for my sister's daycare. I don't think its high end fabric, but it was great for what we used it for. It was not the wide fabric so I don't know about that
Old 04-14-2016, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

I go to Marshall's Dry Goods a lot. I think it is the only fabric distributor that lets the general public in their warehouse to buy wholesale. They sell every brand and type of fabric but Moda and the quality batiks. I buy Robert Kauffman, Timeless Treasures, South Sea Imports, Riley Blake, Northcroftt, Michael Miller, Red Rooster, Bernatex , even some Connecting Threads, and other brands that are in the quilt shops. They also sell craft fabric so you have to know what the brand is you are buying. The MDG brand is the store brand, printed to their specifications. It does not have the vivid color or prints and has a lot of sizing but the fabric itself is fine. You need to go to the wholesale site to find the quilt shop quality fabric. You can buy the fabric by the bolt on the wholesale site through a rep, same as the quilt shops do. I've been there when quilt shop owners pull up in vans to buy and I see what they pay for a bolt of Robert Kauffman. Most are from surrounding states. The brand new fabric is kept in the back for wholesale customers to have first choice. Stock is moved to the retail side as more new fabric comes in. The fabric comes in on the truck in big rolls. Marshall's then wraps the fabric into bolts of fabric. Seals it in plastic and puts on the shelf. If you call and ask to be put on Sharon's wholesale email list you get to see the new fabric pictures as it comes in.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

I was taught when I first started quilting is to buy the best you can afford (from Harriet Hargrave).
Old 04-14-2016, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I was taught when I first started quilting is to buy the best you can afford (from Harriet Hargrave).
.....And it doesn't hurt to "shop around" for that " best" - like onebyone...........
Old 04-14-2016, 09:54 AM

I've had really good luck with fabrics from them.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:32 AM

Have been a customer for a long time, can't remember having any problems. Have friends who have used the wide backing and they are happy with the fabric.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:35 AM

I have recently bought their 108" backing. the overtone prints. It is a nice quality and I will buy from them again.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:22 PM

I have a friend who makes T-shirt quilts for people and she buys all her backing fabric from Marshall Dry Goods. She has been very pleased with their extra wide fabric.