Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend - August 30-Sept 3, 2018 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend - August 30-Sept 3, 2018

Virtual Quilting Weekend - August 30-Sept 3, 2018

Old 08-31-2018, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

Thanks cheesehead! I bought the pattern on line from a little Russian gal. I got this one and a quilt one you print out from an email from etsy. I thought about putting a ribbon on the neck, but I was afraid she might choke on it.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:16 PM

Rob, Red and Midwife, What wonderful work y'all have done! Beautiful!

I just finished the binding on the 2nd baby quilt, but I found another one that needs its binding, so I'm back up to 9 to go. "Two steps forward and one back," as the saying goes.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by OleaBlossom View Post
But at least you haven't done any dishes, right?

(I think one hand-bound baby quilt would let me justify taking the rest of the day off to recover with Netflix and ice cream!)
Thanks, OleaBlossom, Your suggestion sounded so good, I ate a big bowl of chocolate ice cream and watched "The Midwives" on TV. Delicious! And I did break down and washed the dishes afterwards. I finished the binding on the 2nd quilt also. Yipee!
Old 08-31-2018, 06:29 PM

Rob, your quilting is awesome and I love the colors and black. My favorite combo.

Of course, all my errands took longer than I thought and I had to go to the office for an hour so I didn't get anything done on my string quilt borders. I did, however, take an hour this afternoon and do some work on my scrappy hexies. I want to do some EPP and so I decided to do a scrappy hexies quilt to get my hand work up to par and learn how to EPP. This is what I have so far.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]600322[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hexies-QB.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	646.6 KB
ID:	600322  
Old 08-31-2018, 09:30 PM

I'm in! A day late, but hope to catch up. Have had DIL and two preschoolers here all week while DIL underwent medical tests--same Dx as she'd gotten from 2 docs in hometown--sometimes that mental illness causes added drama. So have been shuffling her to appt. and playing with kids and once they left this afternoon DH & I crashed. but have to get a quilt on the frame tomorrow, help with the guild show committee making ribbons, and hopefully make some items for the show boutique.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:41 PM

Grrr. My machine is skipping stitches while FMQ a tablerunner. I've changed the needle, the bobbin thread, the upper thread. In the morning, I will take the machine apart enough to clean it out. Not usually a problem with either 301, but I'll get it figured out.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:41 PM
Power Poster

I love the lamby pillow!
Old 09-01-2018, 01:00 AM

I'm working through some old projects that I bought years (?) ago and put in a project box. (Is it an orphan if you never started it?) well, this weekend I cracked open a fun Dr Suess child's tummy time throw, and hope to get the flimsy completed this week-end. Tomorrow, the pieces should look like blocks and I will take some pics.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:45 AM

I’m out this weekend! Traveling and staying at son’s house. I did buy Fabric yesterday❣️

I forgot about last month’s Virtual until Monday. I had sewn all weekend 🙁. Here is the middle section of Sylvia from last month. [ATTACH=CONFIG]600325[/ATTACH] Will be watching for other’s work. Happy quilting.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	D91D4877-E668-4CDD-B0C4-5491E2520A88.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	822.7 KB
ID:	600325  
Old 09-01-2018, 03:29 AM

Hello all, looks like many have a good list of things to accomplish. This is my first virtual weekend. I had planned to spend the weekend quilting but my nephew fell and twisted his ankle getting out of the bathtub. He is 19 and tries to do everything at warp speed. This past week was his first week on his 2nd year at college and he didn't want to miss classes yesterday. I drove him to classes and wrapped his foot and became a nursemaid for the day lol. It isn't too bad just a sprain but he has no tolerance for pain. By the time I got home I was wiped.

I did manage to clean a little in my quilting room yesterday to be ready to work on a quilt I have on my longarm. Im quilting a quilt for a friend. It is for her husband so I want to really do a nice job. It is a king size quilt and I'm starting out with doing the side borders and stitching in the ditch on the whole quilt. I have a little more sid then I can turn the quilt and do the top and bottom borders and then play in the middle. It is one of her first quilts so it has a lot of excess fabric to be quilted out lol. It is a bunch of squares and rectangles and things don't match. She has done a lot of beautiful quilts since and I have been lucky enough to follow her progress. She hid this quilt because she said she really didn't like it. I promised her she would love it when I'm done and the stitching in the ditch has really made the squares look so nice.

I also have 2 Craftsy kits to sew up. I've spent most of my time quilting quilts so I decided this would be the year to build my piecing knowledge and abilities up. I really like Debbie Caffery's patterns so bought her Quilter's Quandary Modern Quilt Kit. The other kit is Twinkling Twilight Quilt Kit by Nancy Smith which my husband picked out for me to make. Ive already cut all the fabric and have sorted the pieces, labeled them and put into ziplocks so it will be easy to just grab and sew. I'm not sure which I want to start with thou. I've been on a UFO finishing up kick so I do have a few small things to work on as well.

I wish everyone happy stitching and thanks for letting me participate