Need new dishwasher

Old 06-03-2019, 09:48 AM

We bought a bosch last year.
Pros: no heating element so plastics can go in the top or bottom. It's quiet. The silverware basket fits in more places than in my old dishwasher.
Cons: the racks are horrible. I hate the whole dishwasher because it's such a pain to load bigger things. I ended up bending some of the tines straight so I can put them in. It doesn't hold 30% more like it claims and in fact, I feel like I can fit less than my old kenmore. Also, no food grinder so it's more important to rinse or at least scrape dishes very well. It has a silverware tray but when it's installed, there's no sprayer between the top drawer and the tray so I don't feel like the silverware gets very clean unless I have very little on the top drawer. So I usually leave the tray out and use the silverware basket instead. Also the silverware basket doesn't hold much.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:15 AM

I have really liked our Bosch. It was a little hard to get used to, but now that I have it well learned, I wouldn't trade it for a different brand.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:14 AM

Thanks for all the recommends. We got a Bosch last week and SO got it in. Has a few more bells and whistles than we started out looking for, but got a good deal on it.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:46 AM

We have a Bosch now and we love it. Well, I love it. My husband is oddly afraid of dishwashers, or dishwashing of any kind.

~ C
Old 06-10-2019, 12:32 PM

I purchased a Bosh about 5 years ago and only after I purchased it did I realize there were no heating elements for drying. The water would steam up and roll down the sides. This left a small puddle of water in the bottom with no way to drain it. Since there are two of us and we may not fill up the dishwasher for days, I didn't like the puddle just sitting there. Lowes was very good about "satisfaction guaranteed" and we replaced it with a KitchenAid which is VERY quite and I love that. The KitchenAid has a way to drain the water although we don't need it since there is no puddle in it, but hopefully the Bosh have added that feature.

When you purchase a dishwasher you can choose one with a food grinder or a filter. I would have gone for the filter, but since my husband is the main dish and bottle washer, he gets to choose. He wanted a filter and all of the dishes are rinsed off before they are put in the dish washer so nothing ends up in the filter.

The other thing about the Bosh was that the racks have spacing for very small dishes. I suspect that is more of a European thing. Our dishes are Mikasa and didn't fit very well.

Good luck!