Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is Connecting Threads thread good quality? >

Is Connecting Threads thread good quality?

Is Connecting Threads thread good quality?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by lots2do
weezie- thanks for the tip!
You're welcome. I apologize to all that I forgot to indicate in my first post that this is a spool storage aid. Sometimes I guess I assume people can read my mind!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:39 AM

I'm not that fussy with thread but do use 100% cotton when machine stitching. I've found that it's not really whether or not I like the thread, my machine has the final say. Both my machines, Viking and Janome, like Aurifil and Connecting Threads equally so I'm with you, get as much as you can for your money!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:32 AM

I just purchased some. I got the neutrals package . I got it packaged together and in a box. I will order it again in a heartbeat. I go through a lot of black thread and this worked just fine. A little linty but not bad. It never broke on me at all. So I would say order and enjoy. As a matter of fact the reason I ordered it is because so many people on here said they had and liked it.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:01 AM

Connecting thread is all I use for sewing blocks together. When quilting on the longarm it produces too much lint, so I don't use it on the longarm
Old 02-25-2010, 06:09 AM

I bought a set of the thread for myself because it was on sale and it was very nice, so I put it on my Christmas List. DH got me the largest set and one more set, and my MIL also gave me a set. They found a wooden spool holder at Joanns which was filled up quickly. I love the colors, and when Connecting Threads warned that the sale was ending, I order the remaining 2 sets, so now I have enough thread to last a very long time, and I have any color I can imagine I would ever need.
(BTW: I ordered and received the last sets in January this year and each spool was individually wrapped and then each set was wrapped. Nothing was loose.) I also find them difficult to open.
Linda
Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 AM

I have their thread also and really like it. I cut off the little lable from the wrapping and stick it inside the spool so I know what the color was if I want to reorder. I don't use it for machine quilting but do use it for piecing and love it!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 AM

Clean the lint, got it. I'm pretty bad... one of my resolutions is to be better about that, since my machine deserves clean innards :D so this thread will help me be more aware of that
Old 02-25-2010, 09:15 AM

I use it all the time and like it. It doesn't leave as much lint in my machine as I used to have. It is only 1.99 per spool and last along time.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:53 AM

hi i have been using there thread a long time, i love it plus all there fabric is made here in the US all american grown cootton % of it. i have many of there quilt kits too and give as gifts also gift cards. weze
Old 02-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

This last December I bought all the sets of threads (70 spools) they had for myself and Daughter. I just peel off the cellophane and don't worry about reordering, figure I have enough to last me awhile. I used it for FMQ and it worked just fine. Love it and the price.