Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Missouri Star Quilt as You Go Hex quilt.  ???? >

Missouri Star Quilt as You Go Hex quilt. ????

Missouri Star Quilt as You Go Hex quilt. ????

Old 11-29-2019, 02:25 PM

Ordered, I just can't resist a template that uses charm squares. Looks like one for my Santa Stocking.
Old 11-29-2019, 06:30 PM

I did think I had seen this somewhere quite a while back. I tried to find the Hickory Nut Quilt store and it seems to be closed now. Most of the google links sent me to the Quilting Board from 10 years ago. There is a slight difference in the size of the window template and the smaller center one - which makes the seam smaller than Hickory Nut. Can’t see any other difference. Missouri Star had a fabulous deal on this template set so I went ahead and ordered it - plus some other things, of course. I’d like to have the other sizes that Hickory Nut had - if I can find the templates.
Old 11-29-2019, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

I go tthere a lot. The shop was sold and moved to a new location. Beautiful shop.
https://www.hhqsewingcenter.com/

Plenty of Hickory Nuts there. Plus a Cathedral Window one too.
https://www.hhqsewingcenter.com/shop....htm?pageNum=4
Old 11-30-2019, 03:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I go tthere a lot. The shop was sold and moved to a new location. Beautiful shop.
https://www.hhqsewingcenter.com/

Plenty of Hickory Nuts there. Plus a Cathedral Window one too.
https://www.hhqsewingcenter.com/shop....htm?pageNum=4
I've been there several times myself [It's just down the road from my brother's house]. It's a big beautiful bright space with lots of things to see. I've chatted with Amy several times including about Eddie and his tutorial here. Amy is fine with it. She's the nicest person. She introduced me to Quilter's Select rulers.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:23 AM

For the price that this template was offered, of course I jumped on it. Missouri Star mentioned that she saw the template in England at a quilt show and is working in coordination with the patient owner in England to produce these. Bought mine to stitch work on during the winter months.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

Jenny Doan and her husband Ron stopped in Hickory Hills unannounced. Amy about fainted. LOL They toured the shop and had a great visit.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:56 PM

They are such nice people. Hickory Hills. Was that before of after she was in England? I told myself that i would go back to the other shop and buy it but then i saw the price. I could not help myself. Plus the one that Jenny and her “daughters” made was sooo cute! I love those fabrics. And all their ideas. — tree skirt, table topper. MSQS does do a good job!
Old 11-30-2019, 01:40 PM

Patents aren't forever. They run out and if not renewed, they become public domain. If Hickory Nut didn't renew their patent, anyone can use it. Also are they using the Hickory Nut templates? The templates are probably the only thing that is patented not the technique.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:28 PM

Such a tempest in a teapot over a simple hexagon shape. Jenny Doan has been in business--successfully, I might add-- for many years. To even suggest that she would infringe on a patent seems a bit petty.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

I don't think Jenny or anyone broke the rules or the law. No logic in that. I bought Jenny's templates too. Why would anyone not by them? , the templates were a bargain. I like the modern look of the fabric choices in the new version.