Bernina 700

Old 09-26-2019, 07:53 AM

Default Bernina 700

Has anyone used the Bernina 700 embroidery-only machine and can share how they like it. My old embroidery machine has a very small hoop and I'm looking to get something new.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:07 PM

Default Bernina 700

Originally Posted by oceanwaves View Post
Has anyone used the Bernina 700 embroidery-only machine and can share how they like it. My old embroidery machine has a very small hoop and I'm looking to get something new.
I have two Bernina machine , embroidery only and 790 love both lge sable hoops and very easy to use.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:43 AM

Hi & Welcome!

I don't have the machine so can't help with information. Embroidery only is a nice feature since you don't have to switch out feet/arm to sew.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:58 AM

Just purchased a 700 and 770. Absolutely love that I can set up the 700 and let it run. Best investment ever!
Old 07-25-2020, 09:34 PM

I have had the 700 for several years and I’m very happy with it. It’s so nice not to have to put the embroidery model on or off. The bobbin placement is great as is the ability to clean behind the bobbin. Sometimes I think the quality of stitching is just a bit better than the combo machines.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:53 AM

Bernina 700E Review: Innovative Features

What set a Bernina machine apart from the rest is their initiative to continuously innovate. They always come up with a something new to make sewing and creating more efficient, convenient and fun.

The Bernina 700 embroidery machine runs on the innovative patented Bernina hook system which is regarded to be more precise and fits the central drive so well, it can sew more accurately and a lot quieter. Aside from their own hook system, B 700E is packed full of top of the line features.

To start off, B 700E has a really large embroidery area so you don’t have to worry about reducing designs due to a small work area. It has a Smart Secure function that smartly adds tie-on/off stitches if none is pre-programmed on the design It is accommodated with the Invisible Secure function to keep tie-on/off invisible. Another new function called the thread-up command can be activated with one touch of a button. It automatically raises the bobbin thread to the top of the fabric at the start of stitching to keep the wrong side of the project clean.

What you’ll really love on the B 700E is its pinpoint placement function. It allows you to easily position and aligns your embroidery design on your fabric. This machine also has the Bernina Adaptive Thread Tension, another innovation from Bernina. It automatically checks and places back thread tension to what you’ve set for the particular design and material used. Now, remember the time when you are halfway through a design and you run out of bobbin thread? What a total pain in the neck trying to place the hoop back exactly where it needs to pick up where it left off, right? That is a now a thing of the past because the B 700E now have front-loaded bobbin assembly.

You don’t have to take off the hoop from the machine when removing and replacing the bobbin. On top of this, the bobbin for this model is bigger hence better. It holds 70 % more thread than the standard bobbin thread so you don’t need to refill that often. A total time and effort saver. You can also have as much as 15 threads on a spool with its 15-thread spool holder so that you’ll have all the color and thread type you need for a particular design.

Old 10-31-2020, 12:33 PM

Default Bernina 700

Originally Posted by oceanwaves View Post
The shop is holding one for me. I came down with a bacteria infection, and they were more than happy to hold it. I tried both machines before the infection hit. The only difference was the 750 was also a sewing machine. With all the vintage singers I have, I do not need another sewing machine and as well I have a Bernina 189 which embroiderers and sews, therefore I decided to get the embroidery machine only. Keep in mind that the really big hoop for either machine is optional and was quoted over 250.00. I am going to wait and see if I need the largest hoop before shellng out the costs.