Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020

Old 02-14-2020, 05:04 AM

I'll be finishing the last rows on my Circa 1880 Quilt by Pam Buda. It makes me a little sad... Those tiny little blocks are so much fun, and I have made more than enough for the quilt, so I don't need to make any more. I work all day today (Friday) but I'll have Saturday and Sunday and I took a vacation day Monday so I should be able to get the last five rows assembled and get all the rows sewn into a top! I already have the quilting design drawn out, but that is for another weekend.

If the darker colors of the Civil War repro fabrics start to drag me down, I can switch to a brighter project for a while.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:12 AM

iceblossom, enjoy the game!

quiltingshorttimer, what a wonderful day for your son and whole family.

Happy Valentine's Day to all. I'm looking forward to working on the wool applique with friends. The best part is it's only 5 minutes from my house!

And you're welcome on starting the VQW thread
Old 02-14-2020, 05:35 AM

Maybe this is the push I need to finish a hunter’s star quilt. I have not had my heart in quilting for a couple months.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:47 AM

Happy Valentine's Day! I just finished the veteran's quilt that I was working on last VQW. So I hope to get the quilting done on it this weekend. But I also need to work on collecting all the info for taxes. sigh...
Here's the vet quilt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	e1b84bbdeffe5d2c44827715ad5b1d6f.0 (1).jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	622554  
Old 02-14-2020, 06:02 AM

I've got a very, very small job to finish a large quilt (place on binding didn't behave well for two inches- two inches! I ask you..) another quilt has a mere 18" of binding to complete, I'm handing over to friend another donation quilt to hand-stitch binding on back, there's a patriotic quilt to be loaded on longarm, and I have the fabric for backing and border for a nearly-completed top which ranks as a five-year UFO. I love to check on everyone's projects so keep the progress reports coming.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by LynnBBQ View Post
I'll be finishing the last rows on my Circa 1880 Quilt by Pam Buda. It makes me a little sad... Those tiny little blocks are so much fun, and I have made more than enough for the quilt, so I don't need to make any more. .
Lynn I can't wait to see a photo of your quilt! I have 210 blocks finished on mine. I have about 550 more to go~
Old 02-14-2020, 06:10 AM

I have a QAYG project to work on this weekend. I have the center motif ready to quilt and several borders to work on. Looking forward to getting as much done as possible.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:14 AM

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I woke up to a surprise bouquet of flowers on my sewing desk this morning, from my husband.

I'll be sewing more blocks for my Circa 1880 quilt. I'm happy to join you for this VQW!

Name:	IMG_0368.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	622555  
Old 02-14-2020, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Happy Valentine's Day! I just finished the veteran's quilt that I was working on last VQW. So I hope to get the quilting done on it this weekend. But I also need to work on collecting all the info for taxes. sigh...
Here's the vet quilt.
What a striking quilt! The borders really finish it perfectly.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:02 AM

A very warm and heartfelt Happy Valentine's Day to everyone and as always, thank you Raggiemom for hosting.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to do this weekend, I would love to just sit up at my sewing machine and work on my hexagon quilt all through the weekend, I ended up starting the quilt again using 1.25 inch hexies instead of 1 inch, so I'm again at the beginning stages of it. The original 1 inch hexie quilt had some problems and after discussing it with my aunt who also quilts, she recommended starting over with larger hexies and better black fabric. At some point, I'll de-construct the original quilt and I'll hand piece that one. I'm determined to have a quilt with this design, I absolutely love the Grandmother's Flower Garden design.

I also have my nine-patch quilt that I finished in December to tie. If I can get the fiance on board with me, I may just finally pin baste that one and get to tying.

I suffer from near daily chronic migraines and the beginning of this year has not been kind to me, this week alone I've had four already and I'm in my recovery stage. At least, I hope. Fiance loaded me down last night with a year's worth of teas (Earl Grey, peppermint with raspberry, chamomile with mango, white tea with lemon, green tea with blackberry, a ton of chai tea, just to name a few) as part of my Valentine's Day, something he's done every Valentine's Day for the last eight years. I've got my teas to settle my stomach, now it's just to get the rampant weakness and lethargy to leave me alone so I can quilt, lol.

Name:	IMG_20200214_091836.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	940.9 KB
ID:	622562