Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Love Sew Wool Pressing Mat >

Love Sew Wool Pressing Mat

Love Sew Wool Pressing Mat

Old 05-09-2020, 04:10 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
Hi everyone! Have any of you ordered from this company, Love Sew? They are offering wool pressing mats at a really good price but I haven't been able to find out anything about the company. Thanks!
I have ordered 3 different sizes of wool pressing mats from this company, and I love all three of them. Delivery is a little slower than if you order from Amazon, but the mats are good quality. I am sold on mine.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:53 AM

I bought my wool pressing mat from Amazon for around $50.00. I used the Amazon Prime and had it in 2 days.

I love it.

I use it on top of a cheap plastic table I bought from Job Lot. ($22.00) The table is similar to the 6 ft plastic party tables. I have no problem with it melting the table. I have a very good iron that has a high steam. It is similar to Rowenta. I just place my table and next to my sewing table and place my iron in a metal broiler pan for a toaster oven. It is great to iron seams of your blocks right after you sew.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:29 AM

Have you tried "Wish"? They have some good prices and you do get the product. I haven't ordered a pressing mat from them as I have a couple that I got on sale. But, I have ordered other things and the things have been as advertised. They are out of China I think as it does take a couple weeks to get things.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:46 AM

Unhappy

Hi everyone! Have any of you ordered from this company, Love Sew? They are offering wool pressing mats at a really good price but I haven't been able to find out anything about the company. Thanks!
Yes I did and it is going on 7 weeks and no items. . Then when I email them they keep increasing the shipping time. And they sign Cheers which is over seas. The problem I have is they do not outline this on their website, they hid it and I should have picked up on it. They were not honest about it shipping from afar and that is not a company you want to do business with.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:17 AM

Default I tried to purchase

I purchased a wool mat in May 1 2020. I have yet to receive my product. If you email them you get a automated email back.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:19 AM

this is not a US based company. they finally admitted they are shipping from Hong Kong. I still have not received my order...waiting 2 months. check out their facebook page reviews. many complaints. https://www.facebook.com/pg/lovesewonline/reviews/
Old 06-30-2020, 12:42 PM

Angry Disatisfied Love Sew customer

I ordered a woolen mat from Love Sew on April 28. According to the confirmation e-mail I was supposed to receive my item within 3 weeks. When, at 4 weeks I had still not received it, I contacted the company via e-mail. Their response was that there was a problem with their contracted shipper in CA and that I should receive it by June 5th. No item. Again I inquired and was promised it by June 20th. No Item. Again I inquired and was told on or before June 30th. No item. In the first inquiry response I was informed that if it did not arrive within 60 days of order, I could receive a full refund or reshipment. Well, according to their website the time is sold out. Today I wrote to them and demanded my money back. I'm not expecting it to be speedy. I will never do business with this company again. I rate them 0 out of 5 stars.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:52 PM

I was in Joann's today - if you have noticed cotton fabric everywhere is at a minimum. She said they were decimated by all the people buying fabric to make masks. Not just fabric but all sorts of notions, sewing machines, and the elastic were sold out. But most of all these items come out of China - they have problems with the virus too so production is down. And then when it does get here, they are having trouble getting it off the boats and out of customs. She said they are lucky to get 25-50% of their shipments. So we may not have a lot to choose from for a while.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:21 AM

Default Update on my Love Sew dilemma

Believe it or not, on July 1 they tried to bargain with me saying that the mat was still with the shipping company and I could either: a) receive a refund for now and then when it arrived I could pay or b) they will send another at no extra charge. I opted for the refund. No refund yet. On July 6th I received an e-mail that they had an update from their shipper (Pitney Bowes) that I would receive the mat on July 13th and provided a link. I followed the link to Pitney Bowes that shows that they received my item at 6:27 p.m on July 6th and provided a link to USPS tracking. USPS site shows they were notified of the shipment on July 6. I opted into the USPS text tracking. As requested I responded to their verification text and was sent another text saying that the tracking number is invalid. Today I filed a complaint with the attorney general's office and my bank is following up to dispute the charge with Love Sew.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-08-2020 at 03:31 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-08-2020, 07:14 AM

Have not ordered from them and never will. The website was put up this year so no long term business. Their "About Us" is a bunch of fluff. Their so called catalogue has about 15 to 20 items, all over priced, including the wool mats. All of their items in their "catalogue" are what we call "canned" photos.....pictures from other retailers or internet sites. Not photos taken by them of their products. Photos of their business are a bunch of tattooed young people standing around a computer. If you search their site for items, they don't have them...I typed in Clover, nothing....I typed in Nancy Zieman, nothing (they have a few of her products listed in their catalogue page)......I would not make a purchase on this site. It looks similar to sites owned and operated by some Chinese companies. I made the mistake of purchasing from one of them through Amazon. BIG MISTAKE. They are a fraudulent retailer who steals UPS tracking numbers and shows delivery of the item to Amazon and you receive nothing. I submitted a complaint with Amazon. Amazon wasn't happy about my posting on this company...but they did finally refund my money.....they still had their listing on Amazon for a long time after my experience. We all have to be diligent about who we give our credit card numbers to. Best wishes.....search on Quilt in a day, Amazon etc for your wool mats.