Cast Iron Woes

Old 05-13-2020, 06:07 AM

I hate the glass top stoves. Unfortunately, our home is all electric, so I have no choice. The only good thing about them is ease of cleaning.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by katiebear1 View Post
I hate the glass top stoves. Unfortunately, our home is all electric, so I have no choice. The only good thing about them is ease of cleaning.

My last house was all electric, I had a smooth top and replaced it with a cooktop with electric burners. You don't have to have a smooth top. The new ones are very easy to keep clean, nothing leaks under the burners.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:51 AM

Be careful using pressure canners on your glass top stoves. I had a cousin that had used one on theirs for a number of
times. He put a cannerfull on one evening and after having it regulated to the temp needed, walked into the other room
for something and the glass top broke, caused canner lid to come lose and the whole mess exploded into their kitchen
and did about 20,000.00 worth of damage to their kitchen, Had he been standing close he would have been burned,
maybe injured by some of the glass or who knows what. So I have never used mine for that reason my by glass top
stove. Have been told that anything with sugar in it that boils over will etch your glass top. There are a couple of spots
on my top that were on it when we bought the house and when I asked a local dealer about what caused them,, this is
what I was told. I love the top for cleaning, and have become accustomed to cooking on it, but like the coil type if it were
not for the cleaning part. Just be cautious if using your canner.