Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 9/5-9/8/20 >

Virtual quilting weekend 9/5-9/8/20

Virtual quilting weekend 9/5-9/8/20

Old 09-06-2020, 10:09 AM

Lovely work all! I'm sewing slacking today but gaming with the hubby and having a good time.

For those having problems posting pictures, I don't have a phone I use an old school digital camera and my pictures are pretty much always too large. When we talk about size/large it is the file size and not the generated image we are concerned with. When I go in and edit a picture to crop the image, sometimes my file comes out larger than when I started... I go to this site
https://www.reduceimages.com/
And use their defaults. Two clicks, one to downsize and one to upload so we can download here.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:00 AM

The race is on. I have all 4 sides sewn on my quilt of the binding. I just started had stitching down the binding and am shooting to have it finished by tomorrow. I got a bit side tracked yesterday with the grand opening of a New LQS about 20 miles from here and it was exciting. I was proud of myself that I did not buy and fabric! I did my a set of rulers for my DSM. I can't wait to use them. So with that break taking the entire morning by the time I got home I was exhausted so it was time to just rest. After Church this morning I got busy on the last two sides of the binding So now I am sewing things down. It should be done some time tomorrow or Tuesday if all goes well. So I may not finish it totally with the VQW but I am giving it a healthy try
Old 09-06-2020, 03:23 PM

Spent the day hand appliquing the 2nd panda block...bottom right is the one from today.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	831.2 KB
ID:	627660  
Old 09-06-2020, 04:05 PM

fktsewing: Welcome!

tropit: Cute Santa Elf.

thimblebug6000: Those pandas are adorable.

Thanks quilters for posting your progress.

I finished the top called Harmony by GE Design. It was the first time I chose a dark background for a quilt top.

The top is 70.5” by 81” and, for now, will go into the Church quilter’s pile to be finished when we can meet again.

Name:	74F5CA87-042D-4FFB-879C-37F710E43524.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	627661   Click image for larger version

Name:	0F01910A-E260-4926-B397-1EAD864C4B09.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	627662  
Old 09-06-2020, 04:31 PM

Wow--you have all been so busy--even if it's not quilting but "spider hunting" (don't blame you for freaking on that!). Feeling like a bit of a slacker--spent a large part of today finishing a Michael Connelly book that was very good, Fairwarning. Yesterday I did get facings sewn onto 2 modern quilts--one is ready to do the stitching on the back and as soon as I get off QB I'll stitch that down by hand while watching the Windsor's on CNN. Did get a friend's little baby quilt loaded on the LA this afternoon--it was one where the quilting pattern is on the panel of cross stitch work so pretty easy to do--just a lot of stops/starts. Want to finish that tomorrow and maybe start cutting out another quilt that's been waiting!.
Old 09-06-2020, 04:59 PM

Pandas look great❣️
Old 09-06-2020, 05:15 PM

I finished Week 5 of Quilter’s Cottage by Lori Holt. I had the background cut but had to cut fence today. U[img]blob:https://www.quiltingboard.com/5e5f53f9-19db-4247-a885-6d8650a5d253[/img]
Old 09-06-2020, 05:54 PM

I was working on a Manx log cabin block. Has anybody done one. Also made a fabric envelope. Working on my fabric stash. It seems like is getting bigger. I would like to make a manx log cabin quilt from my scraps.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

I've been working on this for a week... my round on a Round Robin quilt. I did the pinwheel round, the last one added. Isn't this going to be a cute quilt? Reminds me of a game board.

Name:	IMG_0537.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	627668  
Old 09-06-2020, 08:51 PM

Nothing much accomplished today, other than the usual Sunday afternoon dusting and now Sunday night dishes. Found another brown recluse earlier, luckily it was already dead but the way I see it, the more we find, the safer we all are. I found a few wolf spiders but left them alone, those are the good guys in the spider world, they eat mites, roaches, flies and other spiders. I yelled at them and told them to start pulling their weight or they'd get kicked out, too, they do eat brown recluse and I'm thinking the dead one I found, one of the wolf spiders took care of, but there were two live ones in the house, so they're falling down on the job.

Thinking I'm finally going to get my sister's fabrics hand washed tonight, after the dishes and then relax.

When is the next VQW? Did I miss the dates on that?