Decorating for Christmas?

Old 12-13-2020, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I'll be doing absolutely nothing. No tree, no decorations, no lights, as usual. I used to decorate when the kids were at home, and especially love to look at the lights on the tree, but it's a lot of work to haul everything out of boxes in the garage, and then put everything back in just a few weeks, not to mention trying to find a decent tree for a reasonable price in SoCal during a pandemic under stay-at-home orders. (Getting the tree was so much easier when I lived in Oregon, and in Canada we just went outside and cut one down.) I will probably make some gingersnaps, my favorite cookie, but maybe not because those COVID pounds are starting to appear.

Edited to say - I did put my Christmas log cabin quilt on a guest bed yesterday. Does that count?
Dunster, I love your Christmas quilt.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:23 AM

I wish I had a mantel and a staircase to decorate. Oh what fun I would have. I have some shelves in the living room and I treat that like a mantel and have big red and silver snow flakes hanging from those. Have a tree up in the front window. Have lite up snowman out and a dapper Santa. I love to decorate. I also have a Jack Santa from nightmare before Christmas Movie. I put all my moveable dollar tree xmas solar guys out on the patio table which is south and when it is sunny they all are going at once. HB put lights on the house and I put a swag on the front door. I am ready for xmas.