Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021

Old 01-15-2021, 04:51 AM

Today (Friday) I hope to be able to quilt a Project Linus project and get the binding on that has been laying around since my machine was in the shop. Then this weekend I can load my Spool quilt on the frame and get it done also. This is on based on the hope that my back and L 4 vertebrae hold out. If not I'll have to sit with an ice pack on my lower back....and that is a good time to cross stitch.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:08 AM

Thanks for hosting again Heather! I will be joining and working on Grassy Creek. I have everything cut out, one block and the sashing already pieced and up on my design wall to make sure I'm happy with my final choices. I really wanted to avoid bed size quilts this year, but obviously I have failed. I love these weekends, its always great to see what everyone is working on.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:20 AM

Good morning (rainy and dreary as it is).

railroadersbrat--you are reminding me that I have rulers I should experiment with at some point. That is actually one of my goals this year. I hope you enjoy trying out yours. And what is a rock tumbler?

Rff1010--sometimes it really helps to step back from a project for a bit. When you pick up again, perhaps you'll have a different perspective.

lindaschipper--hope your back cooperates this weekend

I'm off to my sewing room in a couple minutes to see what I should do first.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:47 AM

Hi Everyone!

I hope to join you for a chunk of the weekend. I have my Little Red Truck Christmas skirt pieced together and basted into a quilt sandwich, so I plan to machine quilt it this weekend (or at least start!). This will be my second-ever attempt at quilting on a DSM - my first attempt was about a month ago (?) and was the backing to a project bag. So this is somewhat bigger, and we'll see how we go... I plan on trying to do the serpentine stitch, and have been playing about on my machine figuring out the best settings for the effect I want. Any tips appreciated!

I also need to figure out how to transfer photos from my new phone to my computer so that I can upload them here. Hoping it will be fairly straightforward.

I suspect that that will account for all of the time I have for quilting over the next few days, but rest assured if I manage to finish it before anticipated, I do have plenty of other projects I could move on to!!

I look forward to seeing what everyone is up to
Old 01-15-2021, 06:32 AM

After watching videos on my computer about making a t-shirt quilt, I am going to start cutting out the t-shirt emblems. That will be for first grandson's graduation this spring. Nothing like getting a head start.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:32 AM

This looks like a fun thing to do. Thanks Heather! I do have to admit, I have lurked many times in the background checking out what you all are doing. This weekend I have two quilt bindings as well as a parcel of 4" Civil War reproductions blocks. I belong to a FB group hosted by author Kathleen Tracy and we are doing a sew along for her School Girl Sampler quilt. So instead of lurking I am going to join you!!
Old 01-15-2021, 06:40 AM

The border of my quilt is flying geese and I will be making them. If I finish, I will do a small mini quilt.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:45 AM

I will be doing the border o n “Wild Goose Chase”
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	B6CE69F6-68AA-464A-8618-113C71F4C1BA.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	950.1 KB
ID:	631011  
Old 01-15-2021, 06:52 AM

I'm working on a valentine wall hanging and hope to have it finished this weekend.

When I first started quilting, every time I found fabric I liked I used to buy one yard to make a stash. I now have too much focus fabric and plan to turn those yard cuts into placemats. Placemats will be on my list for this weekend and many more VQW's to come.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Hi everyone! I just did an 8 day cleanup of my sewing room so I'm pumped!
I have a bag full of projects and I may tackle one or two. They're small. OR I may start On Ringo Lake. I bought the pattern last night.
I may have to post pics of my room. It was quite an experience but I love the results.