Dog people

Old 03-03-2010, 07:48 PM

I wouldn't say our girls are spoiled, but the cat would. :P They have a heated house and their "vacation cabins" out in the kennel area. They usually get a hot meal every night, usually broth poured over their dog food, nice bones from the grocery store (they hate those rawhide thingys). My husband brings them into the shop with him and they lounge in front of the heater during the winter. We take them for rides in the truck and walks in the woods so they can have different surroundings to explore.

Bella, Chili Palmer, Kali
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28421[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-28421.jpe
Views:	19
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	28421  
Old 03-03-2010, 08:10 PM

I have 2 cats one which sleeps on me and one that sleeps on the pillow next to me. Then there is Mal the 100 pound Malamute/Golden Retriever sleeps where he wants to, the 30 lb. Chiwennie sleeps right next to me, the 50 lbs Boarder Collie/Saluki sleeps on the floor next to my bed, the Bichon and Wired haired Chihuahua sleep where they want to floor, bed, chair. Can't live without them.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I have 3 Labradors. They sleep in the laundry room on their own bed that all three share. They are outside all day and brought in for the evenings or if weather is bad. Sometimes, if someone is home all day they will get to come in. But, it's only DH and I and we both work, they need the fresh air!!! They are not allowed to go up the stairs, where the bedroom are, are not allowed on the furniture, not allowed into the kitchen. They are not supposed to go into the living room without being invited.
So..... not very spoiled at all!!
Maybe not spoiled, but very well behaved.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 PM

Linus is a Black Lab/Scottish Terrier Mix. Peanut is a Yellow Lab/Chihuahua Mix. They are both rescue dogs and we adopted them from two local animal shelters. Yes, they are spoiled but are very well behaved and actually love to sleep in their crate all snuggled up on their big soft fluffy pillow with their special fleece blanket. When they want a treat they sit next to me and Linus says, "Oh, Mama" just like a whiny little boy while Peanut taps me with his paw. It's hilarious!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 PM

me, here !!!! I feel lucky she allows me to live with her.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Just curious...how many of y'all are dog owne. and what kind of dog and how spoiled are they. #1 being the dog sleeps on the furniture #2 being the dog sleeps on the bed and #3 being the dog sleep s in bed under the covers :)
Hmmmmmm.......... I guess if you look at my avatar, you can see my spoiled little lady, Lacie.

She's almost 3 years old and the last time I had her to the vet, she was 4 lbs. 7 oz. Her full name is Chantilly Lace. My BF came up with the shorter version.

She has an oval bed in the living, equipped with a heating pad. It was that or having her constantly begging to snuggle on my lap.

At night, we turn it off and she has a blanket on our bed. She slides up as close as she can to me on her blanket and then I fold over the rest of it to cover her up, sort of cocoon style.

If I get up in the middle of the night, she won't stay there, she gets up, too. Then when I get back into bed, she comes up and we go through it all again.

Spoiled? Nah........LOL!

Name:	Attachment-28567.jpe
Views:	65
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	28567  
Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 AM

Annie the greyhound is 12+, semi-incontinent and will sleep on the bed when we aren't paying attention

darius is a maltese-jack russel-shi tsu, aged about 14, half blind and a bit "off". He whines a lot, stumbles, and generally fumbles through the day, he gets about well, but whines if he can't find anyone. He sleeps on the floor next to my side of the bed

mouse is a chinese crested, no hair and sleeps under the bed clothes
Old 03-04-2010, 01:18 AM

owned by two spoiled beagles, although they are not allowed on the furniture OR the bed, they have their own and can freely come in and out of the house via the pet-door!!

Name:	Attachment-28761.jpe
Views:	64
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	28761  
Old 03-04-2010, 02:58 AM

I have 5 Yorkies. They live in the house and have a back yard that is fenced for them. One sleeps on the bed and the others sleep where ever they can to be near me. Love at first yip
Old 03-04-2010, 06:07 AM

I have a Black Pug who is rotten and a Granddog that is a English Bulldog and she is verry rotten