Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
De-Clutter Your Sewing Room Challenge! >

De-Clutter Your Sewing Room Challenge!

De-Clutter Your Sewing Room Challenge!

Old 02-01-2021, 08:04 AM

Thanks, Watson. I do watch her sometimes. I’ll check out the link. Ive been saving those little triangles trimmed off making snowball and flying geese units. Maybe she will give me ideas on how to use them.

cfuzzy, I’d happily donate to a fellow Quilter who has lost everything to a fire or flood. I’m not sure how to find them. It’s a great idea.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:42 PM

I just made a major jump in getting a bit of decluttering done too. I got all my Accuquilt supplies onto a cart and easy to get at when I want them. Doing this I freed up so much floor space . I freed up space I didn't know was even there. There is still a lot to be accomplished but now I know it can be done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1257.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	631401   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1266.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	631402  
Old 02-02-2021, 02:41 AM

Juliasb, that’s a cool cart on wheels.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:15 PM

I like the concept of straightening up in my sewing room, but not necessarily "de cluttering". I am not really into getting rid of stuff that I may use (and then have to buy again) just to make things look neat and tidy. Maybe my mother's obsessive cleaning and nagging the whole family to do the same has left its mark on me. Who knows? But I'm very happy in my little cluttered paradise of a sewing room. I do some straightening up sometimes (like this week) but, honestly, I see every hour spent straightening and organizing as one hour I could have been sewing and creating. As long as I have space to work and know where things are, I'm good.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:26 AM

Juliasb, that cart is cool! Where did you get it?

Cash, my mom was the same exact way. Extremely obsessive about having a clean, organized house. I joke that you could eat off the floor and not have to worry. Your theory might be right because clutter doesn't bother me either. I like my space organized to the extent I know where things are and can find what I need but not necessarily free of clutter. It might depend on what ones idea of clutter is too. Lol
Old 02-13-2021, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

I got one of those carts on wheels and they're so handy! I think I got mine at Target or Amazon. Easy to put together and holds a ton.
I spent Jan 1-8 cleaning out my entire sewing room and now it's a dream to work in. Well worth the effort. I hadn't done it that thoroughly in 20 years!
Old 02-13-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Just Get It Done Quilts, an on-line blogger who also has a great video channel is doing a one-month "Declutter Challenge". Each day on her blog she posts a new thing to try to clear out of your sewing room.

It's been really helpful.Have a look.

Watson

De-clutter Challenge
she is awesome! I love her common sense about messes etc
Old 02-13-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sharongn View Post
Juliasb, that cart is cool! Where did you get it?

Cash, my mom was the same exact way. Extremely obsessive about having a clean, organized house. I joke that you could eat off the floor and not have to worry. Your theory might be right because clutter doesn't bother me either. I like my space organized to the extent I know where things are and can find what I need but not necessarily free of clutter. It might depend on what ones idea of clutter is too. Lol
that cart looks just like this one from harbor freight - it comes in several colors:
https://www.harborfreight.com/30-in-...lue-56606.html

different brand tho.

Last edited by mindless; 02-13-2021 at 01:28 PM.