Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone own a Husqvarna? >

Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 PM

Love the Viking. Started with a cam model in the 80's. Traded it in on a 990, which I have since given to my Aunt after buying the Designer II. Also have the HuskyLock and Iris. The shop where I purchased all 5 machines has been owned by the same man since the 70's and his children work there also. When I was going to trade my 990 in for the Designer my hubby told him I didn't want to give up the 990 so he gave us the Designer at the same price as he would have with the trade in. Gordon gives the best service of anywhere I have ever shopped. Have never been disappointed a day in 30 years of owning these machines.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:20 PM

Purchased a Quilt Designer II in June 2006. I can't complain about the machine or the fact they did replace the entire needle threader shaft in 2007. I just can't get used to all the features although I've worked with computers since the 1980's. I personally prefer my Featherweight's for piecing. I set up the Husqvarna/Viking when I want to do something more that my little Featherweights won't do -- Then read the manual to aquaint myself with the machine again.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:25 PM

I have had many different Viking machines.. I have loved everyone. Right now I have the Viking SE and a Mega Quilter. I like the idea that i have a great sewing machine and also an embroidery machine. It also has a lot of neat features. like the thread cutter, no lift persure foot, needle up or down and lots of aother things. Iuse my mega quilter with my Little Gracie quilting frame and it does a really great job. I sure hope you choose theVicking machine. I think you will really enjoy using it.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I'm looking at different machines right now and have just spoke with a dealer for Husqvarna. How do you like it?
I own a Viking Mega Quilter, 936 serger, Designer SE and Designer Diamond..........and I LOVE each of the machines. My local dealer is close, very experienced, and delivers absolutely WONDERFUL customer service......
Old 03-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Bought a Sapphire 850 in Feb 2008 as an all purpose machine - I thought I might like to quilt, had no interest in an embroidery machine (silly me!). Loved the Sapphire. Great machine. Then I went to a guild quilt show and saw beautiful embroidered quilt tops. I was hooked! Did a trade up to the Designer Diamond. Love it, love it, love it - and know I don't know all the things it can do. Then I came across a used SE so I got it for classes and times when I'm embroidering on one and sewing on another (Christmas would not have been finished without that second machine!). Love it too. Think I'm hooked on Vikings.
But...buy your dealer. The machine may be good but if the dealer is bad you won't be happy. You're going to have questions, you may want to take some classes and you may have service or warranty issues. You want the dealer to help you with those things. Happy shopping and sewing!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:24 PM

Had to chuckle when I read this. I have my mother's Featherweight and took it to my first quilting class - so easy to carry, good straight stitch, etc, etc. And it was sentimental for me to be able to use Mom's machine (she passed away in 10/08).

Mmmm - back to my Viking in a hurry! I do like to use the Featherweight when I'm doing relaxed sewing, but if I'm in production mode it has to be the Viking.

Didn't used to understand why people had so many sewing machines....but now I'd also like to have my late mother in law's white Featherweight too. And I have my grandmother's treadle machine....can we have too many?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:36 PM

I have a Viking Saphire 870 Quilt .... a gift from DH about three years ago. I absolutely LOVE it. I've sewn all my life and never expected to have a machine like this. I've had no problems of any kind, and I use it a lot, mostly for quilting, but lots of general sewing too.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:37 PM

I have a 415 Fessa and love it. It's small.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:08 PM

Yes, I own a 1 Plus. Have had it for 10 or 12 years now and still love it. They do not make that model anymore but sometime gently loved ones come available when someone trades up. It is a embroidery machine but a don't use that feature. I mostly do quilting
peterparley.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:24 PM

I have a Bernina and I love it. The 440 Quilters Edition, it is an awesome machine for home sewing, it has the stitch regulator and walking foot. I've sewn all my life and had white, singer, Elgin, Consew, New Home, Janomie and Kenmore and Brother, and a White and now BabyLock Serger, I love the Bernina best!German made, excellent and it takes a beating from me.