Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Needle position on Brother cs7000i >

Needle position on Brother cs7000i

Needle position on Brother cs7000i

Old 04-06-2021, 05:31 AM

Maybe I'm not understanding the problem...when a machine is turned on, shouldn't the default already be the center position?
Old 04-06-2021, 05:36 AM

OK, this bugged me for some reason so I downloaded the manual and read it. The default for the machine is the left position. That's totally alien to me but I learned something.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:04 PM

I have the precursor, CS6000i, and the default position is the left. You have to just get used to it. I automatically move to stitch 01, which is the center position, when I turn on the machine.

Maybe leave a sticky note or something on your machine to remind you to do so?
Old 04-07-2021, 12:45 PM

I had a Babylock machine with the left default position. When I would use the 1/4 inch foot, I would frequently forget and then the needle would hit the foot and frequently break. I just figured that it was time to change the needle anyway. I tried very hard to remember to switch the needle position, however...
Old 04-07-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by lsbarshak View Post
Thank you all for your great advice! I am looking for a default to center needle position. I have already hit my presser foot 4 times after turning on the machine! I am determined to find some kind of work around, I'll let you know. Thank you!
I know what you're talking about but I don't think there is a setting to make it go to the position you're wanting when you turn it on. If however, you do find 'something' I'd appreciate the knowledge about it. I use my 1/4 inch quilting foot most days and the needle position HAS to be in the center for it to go in the hole of my foot without hitting the foot elsewhere. I would place a small scrap of fabric under my foot, every time I turned the machine off, to remind myself to adjust needle position to the center or right. After doing this so many times, I don't have to place the scrap much anymore, as I would remember. The occasions I used to forget, would mess my needle up, when it hit the foot....ugh.....my machine is a Brother too.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:04 PM

There is no switching default on low end brothers you have to move it every time you turn on the machine. Once you make it a habit it will be 2nd nature. I had to do it with my sq9050 because my high end you can set it so after hitting foot twice I now always check when turning on