Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dear Jane template >

Dear Jane template

Dear Jane template

Old 08-09-2021, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I figured that Miss Jane did not have access to computer printouts for her blocks at the time she made that quilt.
Bear, you crack me up.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
............Buried in this thread are what I did and thought about while working on what I got done on the Jane A. Stickle quilt:..................
You have some great blocks done already. Too nice to leave as a PhD!
If you don't want to get back at it, at least take what you have and make a small quilt.

Great musings as you worked away ... the technical aspects, Jane's life and ways, and your own life today!
Old 08-10-2021, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
I have the software but it is all adjustable and it would depend on how you printed it off. But .... I do have a link that I saved (because it is on my to do list) - a lady designed all the blocks as paper piecing in EQ and put it on her blog. Maybe that would help you.

http://www.susangatewood.net/mypatterns.html
Thanks for the susangatewood link.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
I hadn't looked at this link til just now.

Interesting ... The photos look like they are copied from the Papadakis book of 1996. The patterns look pretty much a match Papadakis' CD. Not sure when it was put out.
hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-12-2021, 03:46 PM

I started a Dear Jane quilt years ago, got stalled and gave up - I realized I stalled because I didn't choose well for my fabrics and I didn't really like the blocks.
Gave up on that one, and in 2021, started all over again - new background and batiks for the feature fabrics. I am really enjoying the process now, and have the first 6 rows of blocks completed as well as a few others - ok, I admit, I "cherry-picked" out many of the applique blocks because I was afraid to delve in to the paper piecing....
I bit the bullet and plunged in finally, and I love paper piecing... I use the patterns from Susan Gatewood - she is a wonder!
Old 08-13-2021, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
I hadn't looked at this link til just now.

Interesting ... The photos look like they are copied from the Papadakis book of 1996. The patterns look pretty much a match Papadakis' CD. Not sure when it was put out.
hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm
QuiltE - dont know .... the only date I could find on the site was 2009 which might have been awhile ago lol!!