Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The slow crawl to finish the LBB >

The slow crawl to finish the LBB

The slow crawl to finish the LBB

Old 09-05-2021, 09:26 AM

This is one of the most exquisite quilts I've ever seen - kudos to SS and Nanna for your artistry and efforts. The attention to detail and the tenacity to stick with it are extraordinary, especially with your recent injury, Nanna. Thanks for the inspiration on so many levels!
Old 09-05-2021, 04:30 PM

So sorry about your arm but really glad to see your wonderful project again. I am in love with your beautiful quilt.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

OMG! I could never.... You are one determined woman.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:26 AM

We are all standing in awe. Your perseverance is also amazing! An heirloom before our eyes.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:58 AM

Jean, this quilt will be absolutely stunning! The workmanship is beyond words.. not just all the appliqué work but the embroidery is what brings out all the details. I can only dream of doing this magnificent quilt. This will cherished for many years.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:02 AM

So I am not sure there are enough works to describe how absolutely gorgeous this quilt is !! Just exquisite ...WOW ..

Been there done that with my arm as well - glad you are doing well. This quilt may have taken extra time but every time you look at it you will smile. How will you actually quilt it?
Old 09-06-2021, 05:23 AM

It looks like a lot of work but what a treasure it will be.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:13 AM

Your kind words encourage me ever so much. I'll keep working on this til I have it done, promise.

Eparys, you ask how I plan on quilting this one. I will hand quilt it. After all this work, it has to be done by hand. And, I've been looking at ideas and thinking good and hard about what I'll do. It will be just one more challenge to get this one to the finish line.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:18 PM

Nana-up-north, your quilt is breathtaking! There simply are not words in the English language that can do it justice. I am not gushing. I am just stating the truth. To say that it is beyond amazing is not even adequate. I saw your post about a year ago and actually bought the book. Now I have to summon my courage to actually make it. I have slowly been accumulating fabrics that could “look like’ leaves, feathers, etc. I am so grateful for the pictures that you posted because I actually like them better than the original pictures in the instruction book. More makes sense to me, now. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting!
Old 09-06-2021, 03:10 PM

You are so kind, Grandma'sgirl. I makes me smile to think you will be starting on this venture. If you have any questions for me, don't hesitate to ask. This quilt is a journey but I've learned so much while being on it.