Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need a pattern >

Need a pattern

Need a pattern

Old 10-30-2021, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
I used a bed caddy to attach to bed rail of a hospital bed. I recycled a pair of denim pants for the backside and fabric for the pockets. It had a long "tail" that is supposed to go between mattress, I guess, but I folded it over the rail and secured with a couple of large safety pins. I looked for the pattern so that I could make another one, but can't find exact one.
This was smart of you! What a great idea because everything seems to be just out of reach when you are laid up.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
............I recycled a pair of denim pants...........
Idea .... one could just take the whole top of a pair of jeans, sewing across at the crotch. Pockets already made for you, with one jumbo one between the front and back of the pant top. If you wanted to jazz it up, then add a printed lining!
Old 10-30-2021, 07:25 AM

Here’s a quick one I made. Approx 24” length by 14” across. Double sided, light layer of fusible. I just guessed on pocket size. Front & back right sides together, pockets inside & ties. Leave a few inches for turning, etc. i staggered diviiding the pocket stitching one in half and the other 1/3 & 2/3( larger pocket worked well for mail, magazines, etc.
if I were to make this again, I would have a velcro flap over one pocket.
This stayed in place well when putting in the car. Hope the picture shows up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1B759234-BAF1-471D-9F17-6B81B1C3DBDD.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	987.9 KB
ID:	636145  
Old 10-30-2021, 07:47 AM

I use a walker. There are two types. One is a folding aluminum walker with 2 front wheels that you push along. There's many attaching by velcro tote bags for the folding walkers. There are a few for the walkers with 4 wheels which are called rollators. It's important that you know which type walker she has. I have both but an attached tote bag on only the folding one.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:29 AM

I've made about 3 walker caddies for friends over the years & they all turned out good. One was the "saddlebag" type & the other two were from this link below (If my memory is right). All of them were appreciated & used. I don't have pictures but remember them being easy to make. It would have been nice to have the walker with me when making it so I could design it to fit but my friends didn't seem to have any problems with the ones I made. One was made from old jeans & it turned out really heavy compared to the others that I made.
I would suggest that your friend send you a picture of the type of walker she has so you will at least have something to go by when making the tote.

https://laurassewingstudio.today/tut...r-bag-project/

Last edited by osewme; 10-30-2021 at 08:33 AM.