Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can we have a "Games" thread and keep this one for "General Chit-Chat? >

Can we have a "Games" thread and keep this one for "General Chit-Chat?

Can we have a "Games" thread and keep this one for "General Chit-Chat?

Old 11-27-2021, 06:50 AM

Agreed. The dumb blonde jokes and daily cutesy things are just more dilution to the real reason most of us are here.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

I don't think it's much of a bother to scroll past the game topics. Many here seem to like to play the games. I would be easier for them to have their own thread. I imagine the players generate a lot of activity for the board which is a plus for the board owner right?
Old 11-27-2021, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
I think the mods are MIA lately. Usually these kinds of threads get shut down right away. So what happens if people add even more game threads than the 10 we already have? Is there a limit to how many game threads are allowed?
I have mentioned same thing. Then usually we hear a strong comment that mods are volunteers and it is hard work. And no new game thread since we are a quilting discussion forum. So I wonder what is up.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

I check personal Diaries section, Main, and Pictures. If I have time or desire I look at Recipes and General Chit Chat.

I start by the email I get for the day and go to archive then to the above sites. Done it this way forever.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:09 AM

Mods are volunteers. This topic comes up periodically. Just because you want something, doesn't mean it's going to happen! In the scheme of things it's really not a big deal. We are a very diverse crowd. We are not cookie cutter quilters, and we all have different interests. Just scroll down, on by, or ignore.

I come here for more that just how to achieve a perfect 1/4" seam, or whatever. I find the Personals lets me feel closer to many posters, and feel I "know" that person. I look forward to learning how Lynnie is doing, or how Chasing Hawk's pups are. I enjoy Tropits posts. I enjoy how your move is going, and how your health is. I can relate to the loss of your brother. The General Chit - Chat - Non Quilting talk, is just as attractive to me. I love all the tidbits Chasing Hawk's hubby finds! Games don't bother me. I scroll by and read what I want. It's that easy.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:34 AM

It should be separate, and save this for quilting, its a quilting site not games
Old 11-27-2021, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
........................Just scroll down, on by, or ignore.
..................I scroll by and read what I want. It's that easy.
Yup!! ..............................
Old 11-27-2021, 01:17 PM

a resounding YES!!!
Old 11-27-2021, 03:17 PM

anyone know how to delete this thread? I think we have discussed it enough. I haven't heard anything from the moderator's. It is clear that a lot of folks would like the games separated out and that a lot of folks love the games. I don't know if any of the gamers would like a separate thread to make their games easier to find. But I think it is clear that nothing is going to be done. I would delete this if I knew how.
Old 11-27-2021, 05:06 PM

only the mods can delete a thread.