Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Secret Pal Swap - Singups Close November 30 at midnight - Come join the fun! >

December Secret Pal Swap - Singups Close November 30 at midnight - Come join the fun!

December Secret Pal Swap - Singups Close November 30 at midnight - Come join the fun!

Old 12-14-2021, 03:18 PM

Today I received and opened my SP package. First of all, I enjoyed that items were wrapped. It is a treat to open up a present. I noticed right away that i had a package of peppermint bark. My favorite holiday treat. First I opened an offset spatula which i asked for. Thank you. I also had a homemade stocking, you can see in picture filled with goodies: a little poetry book, a stack of rainbow 🌈 FQ, a tin of homemade cookies, quilt clips and a lovely note.

Uhmm. The picture icon requires an URL and the photo is saved on my device. I have a picture ready and waiting.
Old 12-14-2021, 03:22 PM

Thank you so much MizMelly. It was so fun to open everything. I will use the stocking again for my mom because she will be with us this year for Christmas. I plan on sharing the cookies with my DH as dessert after dinner. I want to post the pic but forgot how since the picture icon requires an URL and I can’t seem to cut and past the picture in.

Old 12-14-2021, 05:38 PM

Default Dec Secret Pal

My gift came from Pamela Oryshchyn. Actually she had be for the Secret Santa and the December Secret Pal. She sent a lot of fabric, a pattern, an Accuquilt die and mats, a cute Gooseberry calendar, little notebooks, needles, a log cabin kit from Jordan's Fabric. Two handmade cards that have little pockets that I can reuse if I want to.

I'm attaching both pictures as I put the Gooseberry Calender with my Secret Santa instead of the Dec Secret Pal items.

Thanks again Pam.

Jennifer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DecSecretSanta.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	636844   Click image for larger version

Name:	DecSecretPal.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	636845  
Old 12-14-2021, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
...but forgot how since the picture icon requires an URL ...
One needs to go to "Go Advanced" button that is below the "Quick Reply" box (I haven't had luck getting pictures to post going in that way.) I have to hit the Red Reply Button that is above and below the posts,

Long Answer to post a picture:
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:36 AM

I hope my swap pal got hers, I mailed it this past Monday….
Old 12-17-2021, 06:08 PM

I got it today! 😃
thank you so much for the wonderful box full of goodies! my favorites are the wonderful table runner you made and the darling blue fabric for the baby quilt I’m making, it’s perfect! It was hard to pick favorite though from so many things! Just look at all these treasures!

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
I hope my swap pal got hers, I mailed it this past Monday….

Name:	E29C740C-FC33-447C-9958-C4E0E4ADF709.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	636873  
Old 12-18-2021, 04:56 PM

Default Thank you Darcyshannon!

Received fabrics, precuts, a chocolate Santa, a novel, a pattern, two large cones of thread, a lovely glass ornament for my tree, and a Christmas card.

Many, many thanks!

Name:	IMG_0862.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	636889  
Old 12-18-2021, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

I am still waiting for my package to arrive. I am sure that it will be worth the wait. I'll let you all know when it gets here.

BrendaK
Old 12-19-2021, 02:50 AM

Default Received from Gaijin

Hi Guys,

I received another wonderful swap from Deborah. She is always so thoughtful and send such beautiful items - she knows my takes and likes so well. She also sent a lovely toy for my dog Chloe, but she ran off with it before I could photograph it. Deborah sent a Layer Cake and a yard of my favourite fabric, my most wanted item so of Roxanne's Baste it, a beautiful panel, 2 wonderful books and..... my favourite jelly beans. And the toy for Chloe!!!

Deborah, thank you so much for being my swap partner and my friend.

Hugs

Caroline

Name:	December received from Gaijin.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	636892  
Old 12-20-2021, 03:51 PM

I'm still waiting on mine also!!