Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022

Old 01-01-2022, 04:15 AM

Saturday Update:

I've been up for about three hours now, I really was hoping this stupid weather didn't put me down, so far it seems to be okay but the bottom hasn't dropped out of the temperature yet.

I've spent the morning starting to declutter, I made a page in my new bullet journal and have been slowly putting things away that belong in other rooms and picking up some mail trash from the floor when I straightened up my desk. I've also found my new wall calendar, some fabric scraps that I thought I had put away and obviously I didn't and gathering up some crafting stuff that doesn't need to be in here right now. Taking a small coffee break, then I'll do up some dishes and get some green fat quarters out and figure out what I will use for a frog that I'm sewing up this weekend. After that, more decluttering.

Feeling good about the declutter and reorganization, can't wait until my corner is clean and ready for 2022.
Old 01-01-2022, 06:02 AM

Happy New Year Quilty friends! Got all the setting triangles done, all that remains is to move around some of blocks and sew them all together, then contemplate the border. While I love solid borders, I am toying with doing a ribbon border. This color combination screams Christmas especially since I subbed green for gray, and I think that a ribbon border would really look great. I need to do some math and dig for more fabrics to see if this is doable since I don’t want to order any fabric. This is all from my stash, and I’d like to keep it that way. I may or may not get all the top sewn together this weekend, we will see.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BC4814B4-D0E7-44CE-8716-E3F983183933.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	615.5 KB
ID:	637035  
Old 01-01-2022, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Happy New Year, Lisa and all !
Lisa, that's a stunner! Wow!!!!! Love it.
Old 01-01-2022, 07:26 AM

I am making progress on my bindings for my Oven Mitts. Getting ready for a big snow storm today a good time to be sewing the only thing I have to do today besides cook a bit for dinner.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:25 AM

I'm in, I have been working today on some blocks that have been hanging around too long and doing some de-cluttering of the sewing room. It's way to cold to go anyplace today, and too cold to bring up the temp in DH's play room (The second garage, right now the temp is -6 with a wind chill of -21) So he brought some of his wood working tools from the garage to the basement to work on. He has his wood projects today and I have my fabric.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:36 AM

Tallchick - I'm not getting Christmas - but I do see Fall - possibly something regal. Perhaps the color shifted on the computer but it's a real stunner!
Old 01-01-2022, 01:57 PM

Happy New Year! I've been sewing all day in my pjs, just finished Clue 6 on Rhododendron Trail, at least as much as I can finish until I see how those hourglasses from Clue 4 will be used.
I will probably dig one of my other ongoing projects tomorrow, maybe Dear Jane?
Old 01-01-2022, 03:04 PM

I see some of you are expecting snow. We have had rain here all day, getting close to 2 inches. I'm glad I didn't need to go out today I have finished quilting and binding the three quilts so I am very happy! I'm not sure how much time I'll get tomorrow. I'm thinking I might sandwich a couple wall hangings and pick up in the sewing room. I feel like I'm always cleaning up in there--probably because I am! I have downloaded this month's free patterns for two block of the months. They are both applique and my goal is to use scraps. I have more scraps than I like to have laying around so hopefully this will be a good use for some of them.

Will check back in tomorrow I hope everyone has had a wonderful day.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:22 PM

Got the sub units done for 12 blocks, should get them finished tomorrow. Time to get dinner going and spend some time with hubby. Enjoy the sewing and keep safe and warm tonight.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:55 PM

Yesterday Amazon delivered our covid tests early and husband has tested positive. He has an official test scheduled for the 3rd but he is still here for the foreseeable future. I still have no symptoms. The lady who hosts my Tuesday group suspects she has it -- her (grown) grandson has tested positive and apparently spread it Christmas eve before he knew.

We are keeping as apart as we can, he is wearing his mask but it's a small house... Anyway, I've been able to keep sewing while staying apart. I'm pretty close to finishing the blocks today but might just kick back and slack off for awhile.

We are still cold and snowy outside. The roads aren't so bad but the grocery store was pretty darn empty. Got enough cream for our coffee and enough snacks to keep quilting.