Extreme Christmas fabric

Old 01-07-2022, 07:09 PM

Many shops stock Christmas fabrics all year as quilting does take some time to sew and finish - for me that’s quite a few years!!! I didn’t have much of a collection so I have been purchasing Christmas fabrics - I should have also added Fall, Halloween, etc. fabrics but trying to exercise some control🥴🥴🥴. My small quilt guild is doing a slightly different version of Turning Twenty in 2022 - we all brought at least one FQ cut into the pieces required and exchanged with everyone at our Christmas Party in 2021 - first one we had for over 2 years due to our meeting place being closed. I haven’t had a chance to sew my block since we were away about 3 weeks to CO for Christmas, so need to find that zip bag and get it done for the February meeting,

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 01-08-2022, 11:43 AM

I went to Michaels last week and their shelves were almost bare. I asked one of the ladies what was going on, even asked if they were closing. She said no, their stock was way down because of the hold ups in California, so more than half of what they ordered for Christmas hadn't arrived yet. They were, however, getting the shipments they ordered for Halloween. California doesn't allow trucks into their state that were built prior to 2011, which is one of the problems with shipping goods across the country. Seems a bit crazy to me given the backlog in goods needed to be delivered , but, that's California!
Old 01-08-2022, 02:50 PM

Yes , the Christmas fabric at Joann's is all 50 percent off, I forgot to tell you that.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Most of the shortages are created by someone.

Around here stores are stocked up on any and everything. I don't need Christmas fabrics, I have quiet a bit because I keep putting off making quilts with it.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:44 PM

Doesn’t surprise me that California has such strange rules - I lived in Phoenix for 48-1/2 years and we all called it “the land of fruits and nuts” which can mean many different things over all the years. Many different kinds of stores around here have so much empty space - it’s crazy. Before Christmas I went to quite a few stores just trying to find a box of saltines - none available for a short time. Even Walmart had and still has empty shelves - which I’ve never seen there before, can’t find certain products that I need and want. I’m wondering if these shortages will become the norm?

Sandy in Mooresville, NC