Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 570 QE >

Bernina 570 QE

Bernina 570 QE

Old 02-03-2022, 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=jmoore;8535132]Congratulations on your upgrade to a 790. I’m sure you will miss your 570 but the 700 series machines are work horses. While there is a big learning curve, I have never regretted my purchase.[/QUOT
E]
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I tried the machine last night and it does seem lovely. Looking forward to learning more and upgrading my skills and embroidery abilities. I was actually surprised when my husband suggested updating at this time but he said I spend so much time in the sewing room, he felt it was the right thing to do at this time. I will set up some lessons at the dealer but they even suggest playing with the machine first for a week or two. There are many similar features on this machine so I was able to get started easily.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:09 PM

J Moore, Thank you for your very kind words. I am sure in time I will come to appreciate all of the features on the 790 plus that were not on my 570 QE. I was able to sit down and sew once I had it set up as there are similarities in both machines. It is an investment for sure. I am going to play with the machine prior to going in for a lesson so that I can have an idea of what I may need help with learning. Bernina is also wonderful about their online support and videos.
Thank you again.
Old 02-04-2022, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

I mentioned Youtube for lots of info. One of my favs is "Bernina Jeff". He is a wealth of knowledge on all things Bernina. There are others too. Have fun!
Old 02-05-2022, 11:58 AM

I agree about all of the You Tube Bernina videos, and yes I love Bernina Jeff. I also noticed they have workbooks for both sewing and embroidery for Bernina. I am going to watch those to be able to find out the new features I now have.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by mumsyT View Post
Good morning,

I purchased a Bernina 570 QE a little over two years ago. While I was sewing, my machine jammed, and I could not turn the hand wheel at all. I tried all of the suggestions online but finally had to take it in. Unfortunately, the owner of the shop has no idea what is wrong with it, and he will have to send the machine to Illinois to Bernina there.
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem in the past. I also have an opportunity to buy a new in the box Bernina 790 for $6,000 which would be an upgrade. I was wondering if anyone has this machine and if they are happy with it.
Something similar happened to me. I had a new 830...big issues, it was in the shop all the time. They sent it to Ill as well--twice! Yep, yep. In the 2 years I owned it, the machine was in repair for 8 months! Honestly, feel like I was railroaded into a 770, because they had no answers! I bought the 770 (By then, the 830 was worth MUCH less than I paid). I am thinking it is all a big game to get us to buy, and then rebuy!
Old 02-07-2022, 05:36 PM

I had the 770 for about a month and hated it. Too many screens to go through to get where I wanted. Got the Destiny2 and love it.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by pennyhal2 View Post
I had the 770 for about a month and hated it. Too many screens to go through to get where I wanted. Got the Destiny2 and love it.
I don't think I could even learn my Bernina in a month, there are just so many options to pick from so the machine operates the way you want it. Once you get things set up, it is a lot easier until you want to try a different technique, then you got to figure out how you changed what you wanted to do then to what you want now. For example, I had set my 590 up so the foot would raise slightly by itself when I stopped stitching so I could easily pivot while turning corners, then I was working on piecing triangles and decided it would be better to have the foot stop down but it took me a while to figure out how to switch that. Then we get into the embroidery functions, and the cleaning and oiling functions. Yep, she is a complicated but very precise machine. There are days when I just want to stitch, and a straight stitch at that, so then I switch over to my little Bernina 215 which I can stitch and watch a movie with at the same time.