Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 570 QE >

Bernina 570 QE

Bernina 570 QE

Old 02-02-2022, 07:23 AM

Default Bernina 570 QE

Good morning,

I purchased a Bernina 570 QE a little over two years ago. While I was sewing, my machine jammed, and I could not turn the hand wheel at all. I tried all of the suggestions online but finally had to take it in. Unfortunately, the owner of the shop has no idea what is wrong with it, and he will have to send the machine to Illinois to Bernina there.
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem in the past. I also have an opportunity to buy a new in the box Bernina 790 for $6,000 which would be an upgrade. I was wondering if anyone has this machine and if they are happy with it.

Old 02-02-2022, 08:23 AM

I've had a 710 for about 7 years and I love, love, love it!
Old 02-02-2022, 09:42 AM

Thank you so much. I went to the store with my husband today and it was actually the 790 plus. Considering three people have looked at my 570 from the sewing center and no one knows what is going on, I bit the bullet and got the new machine. I am excited but also a little sad . I loved my 570 QE. Hopefully I will love this one just as much.
Old 02-02-2022, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

mumsyt- I have the 770QE which is similar and LOVE it!!
Youtube has every kind of tutorial you can think of on these awesome machines. I'm always learning something new.
Have fun! Sounds like you got a good deal!
Old 02-02-2022, 09:57 AM

I see you already got the new 790. congratulations. Anyway, I had a 570 that kept jamming out of the blue and would make a big mess in the bobbin area, had it in several times, tech thought he fixed...then it would do it again out of the blue. I finally traded it in for 590 which so far, I am loving. No issues with it. Now I also had the gear symbol come up on the screen and the machine would not go. Now this is just Bernina's new way of telling you that something is wrong somewhere. And it will not let you stitch until you fix it. It is commonly called "the gears of death" anyway, apparently this is when the sensers detect that there is a problem usually with trying to do something that requires too much power. It protects the machine. It has been a while since I have had it happened and if it does, there is some videos out there and also some info in the manuals somewhere. From what I was told is that the 590 is really pretty much the same as the 790 but it has a shorter neck and is thus lighter. I have a long arm so did not need the longer neck space. I think the 790 plus has even more features. Have fun.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by mumsyT View Post
Thank you so much. I went to the store with my husband today and it was actually the 790 plus. Considering three people have looked at my 570 from the sewing center and no one knows what is going on, I bit the bullet and got the new machine. I am excited but also a little sad . I loved my 570 QE. Hopefully I will love this one just as much.
oh, after I had traded my 570 in, I learned that there was apparently a "bug" in the firmware where the tension did not engage quickly enough when starting to stitch which was fixed in an update. That might have been the reason mine kept jamming.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

MumsyT ... First of all, I can't answer your question directly about the 570.

About the 790 that you are considering ... if this dealer cannot figure out what is wrong with the 570, are they going to be any different if/when you should have problems your new 790?

When buying a machine, one really needs to consider the after-sales support and service. Things happen to our machines, and If they can't service your old machine, is it realistic to think things will be any better with a different model of Bernina?
Old 02-02-2022, 01:59 PM
Power Poster

I have never had one and if I did I would change brands all together. I like straight stitch only machines. No fancy stitches and no repair problems.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:10 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with your comment about dealer support . I actually have been very happy with the dealer if the Bernina store I have been going to . The problem with my 570 was something so out of the ordinary that none of the owners , who do all of the repairs have ever seen . The machine was taken apart , no threads or any problems were detected but the hand wheel was locked . The machine will be sent to Bernina to see what the problem is . My husband decided that he would prefer to upgrade my machine now since I spend so much of my day on the sewing room . I have had other brands of machines in the past but i I really did love my Bernina . Praying I made the right decision . Time will tell .
Old 02-03-2022, 03:49 AM

Congratulations on your upgrade to a 790. I’m sure you will miss your 570 but the 700 series machines are work horses. While there is a big learning curve, I have never regretted my purchase.